Serenade bedding?

PZetz

We just sailed her last month in cabin 7598( I think) and the bedding seemed old to me. The mattress sagged on the side. Kept feeling like I was going to fall out of bed. Still had the old blankets in between the sheets. Not updated at all in our cabin.

Hope they get around to it soon!

We just got back from sailing on the Serenade. The bedding is still the same as last year when we cruised on her. The blankets were a bit shabby but the sheets/pillow cases were very nice. The balcony curtains were in need of being replaced also. I think it's time for the Serenade to get a redo. I think at about 5-6 yrs the bedding/curtains need updating on the ships. I would like the feeling of more white bedding in the cabins to make them seem brighter.

The crew were exceptional on this ship and they are quite deligent about cleaniness. Lots of those hand cleaning stations around - Windjammer (where they kept count) by the computers, and getting off and on board.

Sailing her this June 30, hopefully they will have the whole ship changed over by then! The last 2 RC cruises we have recently taken had the new bedding and it is the best part of the ships! It is soooo comfy, just love it.

Even the ol' Monarch had completed their switch, so what's the deal with Serenade I wonder. My TA told me that the new bedding was fleet wide.

Happy sailings!

We were on 2/2 and we had the new bedding. We had a note on our bed indicating that they had made the change. I wasn't it expecting it so it was a nice suprise. We were in 9260- D1.

It sounds like what I expected, that they would replace the bedding on the higher decks (more $$ cabins). I hope this bodes well for us since we are in 9062

Should we request an egg carton for the bed, I've seen some people say to do that and if so how do we go about doing that?

I don't know when you are cruising, but it sure sounds like they are moving right along with replacing the bedding. You really don't need an eggcrate if the new bedding is in place.

If the old bedding is still there when you get on the ship, just ask your room steward for an eggcrate...

Archived