Celebrity 2008/2009 Itineraries Thread

Andy

I'm wondering what Mercury will be doing in the fall months between Alaska and the first leg (Nov.12, Ensenada-Honolulu) of the "repo" to Aust/NZ. Panama Canal, MR, something different? We really enjoyed our 1/29 cruise to the MR and booked Aust/NZ for next Jan.

judyfssw--If you are on a Celebrity/RCCL cruise on 4/11 you can ask at the Cruise Sales desk and find out the schedule right away.

I am not sure I understand the question. The schedule for fall 2007 has been available for a year now. Mercury is in Alaska though early September, then sails a series of Pacific North West cruises until late October, the California Wine cruise early November, leading up to the 'down under' season! There is no Mexico or Panama Canal cruise scheduled for Mercury in the fall of 2007.

Cheers -

Floris

I'm wondering what Mercury will be doing in the fall months between Alaska and the first leg (Nov.12, Ensenada-Honolulu) of the "repo" to Aust/NZ. Panama Canal, MR, something different? We really enjoyed our 1/29 cruise to the MR and booked Aust/NZ for next Jan.

judyfssw--If you are on a Celebrity/RCCL cruise on 4/11 you can ask at the Cruise Sales desk and find out the schedule right away.

Kathie,

Mercury does a series of 3 and 4 day cruises to British Columbia after the Alaska season. We did one last year that went to Nanaimo and Prince Rupert, but I think they are just going to Victoria, Vancouver and/or Nanaimo this year. Then there is a west coast wine cruise from Vancouver to San Diego.

Jerry

Host Andy,

As a New Yorker, I would like to see more sailings from the metro area. Give us more choices on itineraries too. I am sailing on the Constellation up to Canada and N. England in late October. Why can't Celebrity go up north in May?

If Celebrity would do a Colonial costal cruise from NYC down to Philadelphia, Boston, Charleston, Savannah, Balitimore, Florida and some point in the Bahamas or even Bermuda in May/June this would be a winner!

Lots of people in the Northeast are now spoiled by not having to fly to get on a cruise ship. So why not capitalize on it and give us more ports and sailings?

MARAPRINCE

Speaking of us in the Northeast, we had taken Celebrity twice out of Baltimore then they went away. Since then Baltimore has a new Port, does anyone know why Celebrity has not re-appeared at this port? We've also cruised out of Bayonne, but Baltimore was so much closer for us and as Maraprince said - we're now spoiled by not having to fly for every cruise we go on.

It all come down to the same old problem. X doesn't have enough ships to be eveywhere, so they find the most profitable ports and itineraries and stick with them. They then tinker with others to find something new. The biggest problem with Baltimore is traveling the Chesapeake. Too expensive. The number of hours in there and the amount of fuel they burn is huge. The traffice slows everything down.

they had some cruises out of the port of Toronto Ontario Canada.:) Why not?

:confused: Good evening,

And where would a cruise ship sail from Toronto ?? Are you thinking of sailing NorthEast on the St-Lawrence seaway and on from there to Montreal, Quebec, eetc etc....??

I'd say that would be too much of a ''slow burn'' sail to match with average yields generated by the lines in the past 5-8 years....

Also, is the Seaway ''panamax''-compatible ???

Cheers

;)

I think the listing will be coming out soon...The website's dates selector now has new dates but only cruises listed so far are on Journey.

For a minute you got me all excited there, but Journey's schedules aren't avaiable yet. XPedition's are, but have been for almost a week now...

Floris

I think that the Europe schedules are supposed to come out today. I know that Royal Caribbean has theirs out.

Hi Tromvest !

If what I heard is right, Celebrity's Europe schedule "should" be out tomorrow. We will see :)

I would like to see Celebrity cruise from Galveston, Texas. We sailed Galaxy two years ago from Galveston and was so easy to drive to port. Also we enjoy the ten day cruises. More selection of islands in Eastern/Southern Caribbean from

Fort Lauderdale or Galveston.

We're big Celebrity fans, but our drive-to port, Galveston, no longer has any Celebrity ships. (We did manage to sail on Galaxy on one of her last partial Panama Canal trips out of Galveston last April. It was terrific!)

We would very much like to see that 11-day itinerary return, but would also be happy with just a regular 7-day Caribbean/Mexico Celebrity option.

Or with the Houston port being improved and expanded so much, surely that could attract a Celebrity ship again?

Keeping fingers crossed ....

We'd sure like to see some X cruises out of either Galveston or Houston. We were hoping to book a cruise on Galaxy while she was in Galveston, but alas, did not get it done in time.

Put us down for wanting Celebrity back in Galveston, too! I never understood moving her out to San Juan. We cruised on the Galaxy out of Galveston in 2005, and are booked for April 08 out of San Juan. We understood in 2005 that the ship was always full, and back then I paid about $200 per person more for that cruise than the upcoming one out of San Juan.

Come back to us, Celebrity!

The 2008 European schedules are on Celebrity's website. Funny- there are no transatlantic schedules listed yet.

Transatlantics are always the very last to come out.

Andy,

Thanks for your info on 2008 itineraries. As usual you were correct rergarding the March 15 release date. I was disappointed that they were not posted today at noon and called the Captains Club folks who said they were now available. Booked a varanda room for 4 on the Century Arctic Circle cruise. Thanks again for all that you add to these boards.:) :) :)

Andy,

Thanks for your info on 2008 itineraries. As usual you were correct rergarding the March 15 release date. I was disappointed that they were not posted today at noon and called the Captains Club folks who said they were now available. Booked a varanda room for 4 on the Century Arctic Circle cruise. Thanks again for all that you add to these boards.:) :) :)

Hi Cruisingdelt !

I am glad I was of some assistance. I hope you were able to book what you were hoping for.

I know we sometimes joke about it, but we often turn out to be a GREAT source of information. I have had experiences when I ask Cruise lines "In-House" staff questions.... and I have had responses such as.... "You might want to check at CruiseCritic.com". I always feel good when I hear that type of response !

Thank you for the very nice compliment. Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Everyone !

I did some digging today, and came up with an interesting tidbit. Please understand that I could be totally wrong about this, so please take the following with a huge grain of salt.

In the Celebrity European Press Release issed on Thursday..... they discussed Galaxy's European season. Celebrity said that Galaxy ends her Europe season in 2008 with a Western Transatlantic (no date listed) that ends in ..... Miami ! From the looks of things (and if you connect the dots), I think there is a reasonable chance that Galaxy will be taking over the short sailings from Century in late 2008/2009.

It's funny that we were discussing this same topic on here a few days ago, and I suggested that Galaxy would be the best option for Celebrity for the shorter sailings. We will see if I am right about this (or not) in a few more weeks.

I know many of us (myself included) have been unhappy with Century doing the short sailings out of Miami, and that Century was being wasted on the short itineraries. I have been hoping that Century would be doing longer sailings in 2008/2009.

If the above is correct, an even Bigger question arises. What will Celebrity do with Century ? I am still hoping Celebrity will put Century on longer sailings. How about a brand new itinerary idea ? I would love to see her doing 10 night Round-Trip Panama Canal sailings out of Ft. Lauderdale or Miami, similar to what Brilliance of the Seas or Coral Princess are currently doing. These sailings are always in very high demand. I feel this would be a perfect fit for a beautiful ship like Century. Another thought.... perhaps Century will be doing the 12/14 night exotic Caribbean itineraries that Quest will be doing in 2007/2008, and this will free up Quest to do other things.

While we are discussing the Caribbean... If Millennium is going to continue her 7 night Caribbean itinerary..... PLEASE Celebrity..... put some NEW destinations on this itinerary. Millennium's 7 night Caribbean itineraries have not changed much over the years, and it is time for an overhaul there. Why not do alternating 7 night Eastern and Western Caribbean, for some variety. It would make a lot of sense, and give passengers more Caribbean options.

Ok, that is enough speculation for now. It is almost 2 am, and I need to stop thinking about Celebrity THIS much :)

Either way, it looks like there will be itinerary changes coming for Galaxy, and quite possibly Century as well. If the release dates stay accurate, we should know more about all of this on April 15th. Stay Tuned !

I was so happy to learn from these boards that the 2008 Celebrity Europe itineraries would be posted today. We had a wonderful cruise in 2006 on the Millenium in the Med. This time we will take the Century from Amsterdam in May 2008 to Scotland and Ireland.

Some of the 2008/2009 cruises are loaded - I saw them on the Celebrity website yesterday and have made a reservation for September 2008 on Century in the Med - can't wait!!

It is great fun trawling the website seeing what is available - that fun is only topped by getting the reservation and cabin you want!!

I have also been waiting for the calendar to open for Nov and Dec 2008. My husband and I would like to do a TA in one of those months. Question...should we be looking at May instead. Is one direction rougher than the other with respect to weather and the seas.

Joy

Archived