No guarantee cabins for 3 people??

shipty2

I just got an email from our groups PVP. She says there are no guarantee cabins for 3 passengers on our sailing available. I should mention this cruise is 325 days away. Have any of you heard of this before?

What cruise date and ship? Also what catagory are you trying to get a guarantee in? You can always go to carnivals website and go thru the motions of booking your cuise, select 3 people then on the next screen see if any G comes up

The key is "Group" booking.

When we booked a "Group", we could not make a $25 deposit for a 3 person cabin and "Guarantee" class either. We had to select the cabin we wanted PLUS make the full $250 pp deposit. We still got the "Group" classification and perks though.

The key is "Group" booking.

When we booked a "Group", we could not make a $25 deposit for a 3 person cabin and "Guarantee" class either. We had to select the cabin we wanted PLUS make the full $250 pp deposit. We still got the "Group" classification and perks though.

Yup! Groups are handled differently... it's not that they aren't available, but if you need a specific configuration, you book a specific cabin...

Do you mean cabins in close proximity to each other? I don't care where I am on the ship which is why I booked a guarantee. I am not impressed with this PVP at all so far but I can't change because we are part of a group for a wedding. I called Carnival and they told me that I'd have to cancel and then wait and rebook with another and I do not want to do that because we have reserved the 1A cabins with windows for some of our single travelers at an awesome price.

Do you mean cabins in close proximity to each other? I don't care where I am on the ship which is why I booked a guarantee. I am not impressed with this PVP at all so far but I can't change because we are part of a group for a wedding. I called Carnival and they told me that I'd have to cancel and then wait and rebook with another and I do not want to do that because we have reserved the 1A cabins with windows for some of our single travelers at an awesome price.

By specific configuration, I mean a triple or a quad, or a single.

Thanks! So if I drop out of the group and cancel then rebook with my regular PVP do you think I'll be able to get a guarantee for 3? I have never in 7 cruises been told I could not book a guarantee for three but this is my first group cruise.

Archived