Here are my Grand Turk photos

bruce-r

hey bruce,

we are planning a cruise next year that goes to grand turk. can i snorkel within walking distance from the pier? do i need to rent a scooter or taxi to go to a better place for snorkeling? or do i need to take a paid tour/excursion? thanks.

hey bruce,

we are planning a cruise next year that goes to grand turk. can i snorkel within walking distance from the pier? do i need to rent a scooter or taxi to go to a better place for snorkeling? or do i need to take a paid tour/excursion? thanks.

I think that you can snorkel at the cruise center if you go to the right of the pier where the shoreline is rockier. A sandy beach that goes out into the water usually means poor quality snorkeling. Sand doesn't provide the necessary hard surface for coral and sponge growth and those are what you want to see.

l3.jpg

(I added this photo to the original photo gallery.)

I'm afraid that I know nothing about the snorkeling elsewhere on the island. This site might be more help.

I just finished my web gallery of the photos I took in December of the cruise center on Grand Turk, so I thought I'd share them with you.

Grand Turk photo gallery

Hi,

Thanks for the picts. We'll be in Grand Turk on the Zuiderdam next week and while I'll be scuba diving (of course) my wife was wondering what she would do so the pictures help.

r

• 1 year later...
Nice pictures, now I'm even more ready to go! :D We're going to rent the Cabana in Half Moon Cay also it looks nice. Do you remember them having Jet Skis in Half Moon Cay?

HMC has the beach you see in your mind when someones says; "Caribbean Paradise".

I don't know about the jet ski rentals. I think HAL offered a jet ski excursion, but I'm pretty sure that they don't rent them separately for use right off the beach because they don't jet skis and swimming don't mix well.

Ok, thanks. My friends will be dissapointed they don't like doing the Jet ski tours. Oh well, we'll enjoy it anyway...thanks again :D

HMC has the beach you see in your mind when someones says; "Caribbean Paradise".

I don't know about the jet ski rentals. I think HAL offered a jet ski excursion, but I'm pretty sure that they don't rent them separately for use right off the beach because they don't jet skis and swimming don't mix well.

Hi,

Thanks for the picts. We'll be in Grand Turk on the Zuiderdam next week and while I'll be scuba diving (of course) my wife was wondering what she would do so the pictures help.

r

My parents have been to Grand Turk, and while it is their favorite of the Eastern Carribean Islands, it is not as populated or as many shops, etc from what they tell me. It has MargarittaVille there and I know you can do a Horse back ride on the beach. They did advise me that this is the most expensive of the islands and if you want to shop do so on St Thomas or St Martin. They paid $25 for one of the Umbrella Drinks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived