What is caribbean night?

Caribbean night is a night we go to Chops or Portofinos :). The theme is Caribbean, including the menu in the dining room. We usually wear a wild Carib. shirt that night, think Hawaiian type and you get the picture. For us, the menu in the dining room is a little weak so we head to an alternate restaurant. I am not sure what night it will be on your sailing, someone probably has Compasses posted somewhere.

It's simply a night where they serve "caribbean style " food. Jerk chicken, and the like. Alot of folks don't care for it. But, they have the regular menu items, as well: steak, chicken , fish... so there will be something if you don't like the nightly menu. If you have a long port day, eat ashore!

It's simply a night where they serve "caribbean style " food. Jerk chicken, and the like. Alot of folks don't care for it. But, they have the regular menu items, as well: steak, chicken , fish... so there will be something if you don't like the nightly menu. If you have a long port day, eat ashore!

The jerk chicken was great, by the way, on the Jewel last March. Even my 10 year old son loved it but he is very adventurous for a kid his age when it comes to dining. I'm sure there is a menu posted somewhere for what they serve in the dining room on some website. It seems that is everyones least favorite night, but my wife and I look forward to Caribbean night in the dining room. If all you eat at home is plain chicken/steak/fish/whatever, then you may not like this night in the dining room.

Caribbean Night menu from Sept

Tuesday Caribbean night

starters: tropical fruit plate, seafood salad, veggie spring rolls, crab/shrimp bisque, pepperpot soup, bananarama soup, cedar key salad

Entrees:Pan seared snapper, Seafood Penne, Jerk Chicken,, Vegetarian Bami Goreng

Desserts: Bananas foster, Rain forest cake, Banana Cream Pie and Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee creme brulee

On the 6 night sailing, Caribbean night takes place when you are in Montego Bay. We had jerk chicken for lunch during an excursion, and then that night they had the same thing. It is NOT the best menu overall and it is the night to hit Windjammer or a specialty restaurant.:D

There is no more Caribbean nite it is called get out there with a different menu. Tj

Captain Bangs wife Tj, posted the above menu change on here that the Navigator no longer calls it "Caribbean" night. It is now called "Get Out There" night.

Captain Bangs wife Tj, posted the above menu change on here that the Navigator no longer calls it "Caribbean" night. It is now called "Get Out There" night.

I wonder if any other ships have changed what they are calling it... It was still "Caribbean Night" on Jewel a couple of weeks ago.

I wonder if any other ships have changed what they are calling it... It was still "Caribbean Night" on Jewel a couple of weeks ago.

Originally Posted by Tjukka

There is no more Caribbean nite it is called get out there with a different menu. Tj

That was posted by Tjukka back on December 29, 2006.

I thought it was fleet wide. Guess not. :confused:

I always like "Caribbean night" anyway. :D

I checked the Compasses from Sept 2006 -- The really strange thing is that the night they serve the Caribbean dinner (Wednesday), the suggested dress code is 50's/60's/70's clothes! On Tuesday, they have the Venetian Feast (Italian food) and the suggested dress is Caribbean colors!

Go figure!

On Grandeur (2/17) it was called Get Out There Night and the Jerk Chicken has been replaced by Tilapia.

Archived