sailing out of NYC on the Mircle in Sept

ctnurse

Has anyone sailed out of New York in Sept. Please share your experiences. My husband thinks that it will be cold and rough and want to take a ship out of FLA. Thanks

I have mostly gone out of New York in October and September. It wasn't as bad than at any other time of year. If you think it will be cold and rough then stay inside.

We have always sailed out of NYC or Bayonne, NJ in September or October. No problems. One time it was cool when we left NYC, but by the next day the temperature started to warm up. When are you going in September? We are booked on the Miracle on 9/16.

Sailing out of New York is great. We took a limo to the pier (just as cheap as parking) and away we went. No hassle with airports. We sailed the Legend last Sept. (05) and the Noordam this past Nov. (06). both out of New York. A little cool the first day - after that - fine. And the view of New York with the sun setting (particularly with the Nov. sailing, was spectacular!! You lose a day and half going down and back, but it's a good wind-down time and plenty to do on the boat. We are booked on the Miracle Oct. 10, 07. Enjoy your cruise!

Our party of six last year left in September and it was heaven. Yes it was cold when we were leaving as you needed a jacket but the next day it was beautiful. Think of this, when you get on the you go have dinner, wander around the ship, enjoy some drinks and go go bed. Next day warm, sunny and bright. I hope you will have a great time!

We sailed out of NY last jan on the Norwegian Dawn, it was cool the first day , but it was great sailing past the Statue of Liberty. We are booked on the Miracle 9/16 with so far a group of 14!Can't wait!

At sail away time out of NYC, what's the best side to be on for pics of the Statue of Liberty? Just booked on the 10/2 sailing -- can't wait!!

mcfreda

The right side. I get mixed up which is starboard and port....think starboard is the right side.

Archived