traveling to/from airport in Venice & Barcelona

We took taxi in Barcelona to the ship. There are plenty of them and they are very clean. Taxi drivers don't speak English at all but they understand word "Ship"...I also asked RCI representatives about the name of the dock...but I think our driver would understand "Splendour".

It's about 10 km and cost was 25 Eu. (may be 28?)

We used the cruiseline's transfer service to get from the ship to the airport. It was the most convenient and the cheapest way to get from here to there. Check the prices on land taxis versus what your cruiseline is charging and do whichever is less. The actual port where most of the cruise ships dock is available to land transportation. Make sure the taxi is going to take you all the way to the port and not to the Piazzo Roma where the parking lots and the railroad station is.

Have a great next cruise.

If you are sailing to Barcelona it makes sense to buy Barcelona tour + transfer. It cost only $37 per person and it gives you a nice 4 hours excursion in that beautiful city, plus you'll be disembarked faster. :)

My comments above applied in some ways to both especially if you are arriving in Venice at the Marco Polo airport and going directly to the ship. The cruiseline transportation usually is competitive with taking a cab and usually they will have someone there to meet you and make sure you and your luggage get to the ship. In Barcelona again if you are going directly to the airport to fly home you can put your larger pieces of luggage out the night before and not have to worry about tracking it down the next morning. It will be transported directly to the airport and so will you.

Anyway that would be my recommendation.

Have a great next cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone remember the cost of taking a taxi from Port to the Airport? Is there another way to get to the airport without going through the cruiseline transfer?

I forgot to book our transfers and now we are out too far - they won't let me add it on!

Travel Nut: You could do a combination of taxi and bus but it would not be worth the aggravation and hassle. I found taxi service in Barcelona to be better than other parts of Europe. As for the cost, we did not go directly from the Port to the Airport but took a cab from the north end of the city to the Port and with tip cost 19E, (Port to Airport would be a bit further) most cabbies will also charge 1E per bag as well.

Bayjones: Take the cruise transfer from the Venice airport to the ship. Just my $0.02 but I found everything about Venice to be very overpriced especially taxies and other transportation.

Rich

We are doing a 2 night pre-cruise in Barcelona and 1 night post-cruise in Venice. Planning to make our own air and hotel arrangements. Not concerned with getting to the ship in Barcelona, but considering going from the ship to the airport in Venice, leaving our bags for storage and then returning to the hotel in Venice. Will Celebrity sell you ship to airport transfers for just the Venice part of the trip? Do you need to use their air program to get transfers? Thanks.

Archived