Hotels in Galveston

ChristieDawn

There Are A Few , We Are Staying At The Comfort Inn Suites Located On The Seawall. They Have Cruise Parking And Offer A Shuttle To The Pier.

Check The Conquest Only Questions Thread On Here They Have Tons Of Information That Is Really Usefull.

We Will Be On The Cruise Right Before You Easter Week.

We are driving down from DFW to Galveston the night before our cruise, on April 15th, :p and I wanted to see if anyone knows of a decent hotel that has cruise parking that is close to the pier. Thanks!

I am about to go on my 3rd cruise and we stay at the Holiday Inn on the Seawall. They have a special parking lot for your car and the police patrol regularly. I drive from Midland and i love being able to leave my car in their parking lot and let them take me to the piers! They have a shuttle that will take you to the pier and pick you up when you get back. It is not fancy, but it does have a restaurant, room service, stuff like that. It has 8 floors, and if you get on one of the upper floors, or if you go UP to one of those floors the morning of your cruise, you can see the ships at the dock! Have fun!

Sheri

We are driving down from DFW to Galveston the night before our cruise, on April 15th, :p and I wanted to see if anyone knows of a decent hotel that has cruise parking that is close to the pier. Thanks!

And you are just now looking for a hotel? :eek: Good luck. Hope you are able to find something this late. Most hotels in Galveston fill up rather quickly in the springtime.

Many hotels do other parking & can be found at www.galveston.com or the link MrDood provided. Good luck. :)

I would recommend Gaidos Seaside Inn, it is the cheapest on the island, and the quality does not lack for the price. Do a search and see all the excellent reviews for this hotel. This is a family owned buisness, and they receive there buisness from word of mouth or repeat customers.... You will not go wrong with this choice. They also offer 10 % discount for cruise special offered at the time of booking thru their website, must be mentioned in the comments section. Also provides free cruise parking and security patrolled, while your on your cruise.

I stay here in 4/05 and it was the cheapest of all the hotels on the island, and was directly across the street from the Ocean. You will very much enjoy this hotel!

Good Luck!

I found a rate of $155 for Tremont House on the Strand on Travelocity.com. They do charge an additional $12 to valet park while you stay there. They let you park next door at Galvez Hotel when you leave to cruise and shuttle you to the pier for free. No charge to park while you cruise. It is a historic hotel in the Strand shopping district near the pier. There were great reviews. Price was $100 more per night on hotel website and Galveston.com. Have fun!

We just stayed at the Tremont earlier this month before our Conquest cruise. It is a great hotel, great service. The Galvez isn't next door, it's about 2 miles away. We had 2 cars for 8 of us in 2 rooms there. 2 of us dropped the luggage off at the pier and went to park at the Galvez parking lot. We then took their shuttle back to the Tremont to meet up with the rest of the group and walked the block and a half to the ship. It was great. I highly recommend it. I have some pictures throughout my link in my signature.

We just stayed at the Tremont earlier this month before our Conquest cruise. It is a great hotel, great service. The Galvez isn't next door, it's about 2 miles away. We had 2 cars for 8 of us in 2 rooms there. 2 of us dropped the luggage off at the pier and went to park at the Galvez parking lot. We then took their shuttle back to the Tremont to meet up with the rest of the group and walked the block and a half to the ship. It was great. I highly recommend it. I have some pictures throughout my link in my signature.

Can you take your luggage on the shuttle from Galvez to the pier? I will be the only adult. Taking it to the pier first might be a problem for me. Thanks!

Thank you for all of your comments! I found a room at the La Quinta Inn and Suites for $60 with free parking while on the ship but a $10 charge for the shuttle. I booked it yesterday and I'm glad I did because I checked today to make sure I made the right choice and there are hardly rooms left in Galveston under $100. The reviews that I have read all seem to be good. We are driving down from Dallas and won't even get there until late late! So I don't need anything fancy, just clean!!!!;)

Thanks!

hi. i am also looking at la quinta inn and suites for our may cruise. do you mind telling me where you found the $60 rate? of course may could be higher than april. also have you heard any info? good or bad?

thanks!

hi. i am also looking at la quinta inn and suites for our may cruise. do you mind telling me where you found the $60 rate? of course may could be higher than april. also have you heard any info? good or bad?

thanks!

I found it on La Quinta web site. There are 2 La Quintas in Galveston. I looked up the Inn and Suites. It has had pretty good reviews. When is you cruise? If it's after April I'll let you know how it is!!!:p

Our cruise is May 13 and the rate i got for may 12 at la quinta inn and suites is 89.99 plus tax and the $10 fee. i like your rate better!!:D But it still is pretty good compared to the other hotels i checked. my daughter is graduating saturday from college and then there's a crawfish boil to celebrate so we won't be getting there til late. All we need is a clean place to lay our heads for the night! So please do let me know how it is.

thank you!

Our cruise is May 13 and the rate i got for may 12 at la quinta inn and suites is 89.99 plus tax and the $10 fee. i like your rate better!!:D But it still is pretty good compared to the other hotels i checked. my daughter is graduating saturday from college and then there's a crawfish boil to celebrate so we won't be getting there til late. All we need is a clean place to lay our heads for the night! So please do let me know how it is.

thank you!

Our church is from 2-4 so we won't be leaving DFW until around 5is...that will put us getting into Galveston late.

Congrats on your daughters graduation and eat some crawfish for me!:D

Can you take your luggage on the shuttle from Galvez to the pier? I will be the only adult. Taking it to the pier first might be a problem for me. Thanks!

Yes, you can take your luggage with you on the shuttle. But I would suggest if you are staying at the Tremont, drop most of your luggage off at the pier first with the porters, then drive to Galvez, and take any carry on's with you on the shuttle.

• 2 months later...

Archived