Celebrity Century for Honeymooners?

care23bear

Hello,

My fiance and I are considering one of the western Mediterranean itineraries on The Century in October for our honeymoon. I have heard wonderful things about Celebrity, the only concern people have told me is that there is generally an older clientele (we are 24 and 28). However, this doesn't really bother me since I doubt we'd have the engergy or desire to be partying every night like on some other cruise ships. For this vacation, we are most interested in great food, exciting ports, a little pampering, and of course enjoying that start of our married life together! We were considering a Costa itinerary, but I have heard so much mixed feedback that I think this might be a better option. Does anyone have thoughts or feedback to share? Thanks!

We did Summit for our honeymoon in 2005 and loved it. We're not really late night partiers either and were definitely happy with the public areas, food, and service on Celebrity.

We are now 24 and 25 and just got back from the Galaxy, which we also enjoyed.

It would be a great honeymoon. We just got off Century 3 weeks for our 4th cruise, all Celebrity. Yes, it will be a little quiet but I'd think that wouldn't be a negative for you in your situation. We are 46/53 but like to have fun, dance and party a bit. We had enough. The Martini Bar is great and the Disco, while not very crowded usually, is what you make it. As i said we had fun. Go for it.

To be honest with you, I wouldn't be expecting party crowd on any of Mediterranean itineraries.

We were on Royal Caribbean in March 2004, and there wasn't much energy left after extensive day trips.

Med cruise isn't your typical Caribbean cruise, it's more like a moving hotel. ;)

• 1 month later...

My husband and I were on the Century a couple of weeks ago. The service and the food was excellent. It is a great cruise to be pampered and just relax. Different bands and singers in the lounges at night. There is always something to do. Great Sushi if you like it and a wonderfull Martini bar. :)

I think it would be a great choice for a honeymoon. My husband and I have only sailed on The Constellation, but loved every minute of it. We were also worried about the age thing but it turned out it wasn't an issue at all. We found plenty of people to hang out with. Book a veranda cabin if you can!:D

Archived