Newspapers Aboard.........

sail7seas

I was just reading through the new 2008 Europe Brochure I received last week and while scanning the amenities included for "PS" and "S" cabins, I noticed they now state we shall have either USA Today or International Herald delivered. :)

I know some people don't care about seeing a paper while they are cruising but DH and I really like to have a newspaper. In some ports, we look to buy one but don't pass a news stand or see a place to pick one up.

We received one almost every port day while on Noordam and commented how nice it was and now can look forward to getting a paper on most port days on all the ships.

We remember that used to be something we could count on in Suites but it has been a few years since.......

Thanks, Seattle. :) How nice to look forward to sitting on the veranda and reading the paper while sipping a cup of coffee. ;)

Cruising life is Goooood!!!

As always....... :D It's all about choices. ;)

I like to see what is going on in the world; you don't.

No right; no wrong. I'm sure no one is going to MAKE anyone read a newspaper. ;)

those papers are free to passengers in suites and penthouse suites and there are a few copies available in explorations cafe/library each day. For other passengers who would like their own copy delivered each day, they are available for a charge (I do not recall what the charge is, but the fact that I, as one who reads 2 papers daily at home, did not choose to get a private copy, probably felt the charge excessive).

IMO, nice to hear that daily newspaper delivery while in port will now be a regular suite amenity

happy to hear HAL apparently listened to previous posts and comment cards and is making the change:)

as for not wanting to hear "bad news", you can always discard the newspaper just as you can with the daily Times; you can also avoid CNN

personally: I just want to keep up on Dear Abby:D

Archived