V.Ships To Manage Windstar

dougnewmanatsea

Seatrade Insider News reports that Ambassadors International has, rather predictably, hired V.Ships to manage the Windstar ships after the acquisition is completed.

According to the report, V.Ships will provide "insurance, port operations, procurement, technical and hotel operations, and deck, engine and hotel crew management."

V.Ships manages the majority of the world's luxury cruise ships. They are employed by Seabourn, Silversea, Regent and Oceania among others.

Seatrade Insider News reports that Ambassadors International has, rather predictably, hired V.Ships to manage the Windstar ships after the acquisition is completed.

According to the report, V.Ships will provide "insurance, port operations, procurement, technical and hotel operations, and deck, engine and hotel crew management."

V.Ships manages the majority of the world's luxury cruise ships. They are employed by Seabourn, Silversea, Regent and Oceania among others.

:) Good news relating to staff. Hope the good news keeps coming.

v ships handle most of the cruise line staffing period. I don't know if this bodes well, or not...I don't really think it is an indication of anything one way or another.

Staffing is one thing, but in this case they will be the actual managers of the ships.

I don't think it is inherently a good or bad thing - I think V.Ships will do just about whatever a cruise line wants, within reason. Just thought it was interesting news.

I've never been on Windstar but always liked the idea of it (besides, the ships are so pretty :) !) so I hope they have a bright future. I guess only time will tell.

Archived