Questions about the renewal ceremony

bethee

We plan on taking part in the renewal ceremony on the Ryndam next week abd wonder when it is held and if friends aqr4e welcome to attend. Is it on a formal night?

Friends can attend. There is a small fee per guest (something like $10, because there are refreshments)--you can reserve on HAL's website, before the cruise, and I'm sure there's some way to do it onboard.

My DW and I did the ROV on the Oosterdam last April. Wonderful.

We were told that the ceremony is scheduled "at the captain's convenience". In our case, it was NOT a formal night. They will notify you when you board. There was an invitation, flowers and bottle of wine in our cabin upon embarkation.

On the Oosterdam, it was held in the Oak Room, just off the Crow's Nest lounge, on a port day. In our case it was Mazatlan.

For us, the fee was $12.50 per guest. However, the price may have gone up, when they raised the price of the ceremony from $129 to $149, to correspond with the increase in the Pinnacle Grill from $20 to $30. Check the HAL website.

Enjoy!!

Here is what HAL's web site states about the ROV

RENEWAL OF VOWS ON BOARD

For couples that would like to say their wedding vows while at sea, Holland America Line offers an onboard renewal-of-vows package. As part of the package, the bride receives a corsage, and invitations are made available to invite guests to the ceremony and celebration. The couple also receives:

A photo and photo album

Dinner for 2 one evening in the Pinnacle Grill

A celebration featuring live music, champagne, wine and hors d'oeuvres served by Holland America Line's five-star staff The price for this romantic and memorable occasion is $129 per couple and $12.50 per guest (celebration only). The onboard honeymoon, anniversary and renewal-of-vows packages may be booked through Holland America Line's Ship Services Department, (800) 541-1576.

We will be doing the ROV for our 30th Wedding Anniversary in less than 3 weeks. I am hoping that it is a Formal night because the dress I plan to wear is Formal.

I will say I signed up and paid for this several weeks ago and when I did this they told me that yes it can be done once you get on the ship but you will not receive the flowers because they preorder those so they do charge slightly less.

Lisa, I really hope that you will tell us all about your ROV experiance:) We will be celebrating our 20th anniversary and I would like to surprise my hubby when we go on our Maasdam cruise this summer (gee, hope he would still say yes jkjk:eek: )

PS I really enjoyed your reviews and pictures of your Maasdam cruise. It really helped so much.

Thanks again

Linda

Here is what HAL's web site states about the ROV

RENEWAL OF VOWS ON BOARD

For couples that would like to say their wedding vows while at sea, Holland America Line offers an onboard renewal-of-vows package. As part of the package, the bride receives a corsage, and invitations are made available to invite guests to the ceremony and celebration. The couple also receives:

A photo and photo album

Dinner for 2 one evening in the Pinnacle Grill

A celebration featuring live music, champagne, wine and hors d'oeuvres served by Holland America Line's five-star staff The price for this romantic and memorable occasion is $129 per couple and $12.50 per guest (celebration only). The onboard honeymoon, anniversary and renewal-of-vows packages may be booked through Holland America Line's Ship Services Department, (800) 541-1576.

We will be doing the ROV for our 30th Wedding Anniversary in less than 3 weeks. I am hoping that it is a Formal night because the dress I plan to wear is Formal.

I will say I signed up and paid for this several weeks ago and when I did this they told me that yes it can be done once you get on the ship but you will not receive the flowers because they preorder those so they do charge slightly less.

I just checked HAL's website, and the price of the ROV ceremony has, indeed, been increased to $149, but apparently the guest price has not been changed. It is still $12.50. In addition, there is a price listed for guests under 12, which I don't remember seeing when I booked ours last April. The kids can attend for $6.25, which makes sense, since they can't drink the champaign.

We paid $149 when we ordered package by phone and $12.50 per guest. $6.75 for the 2 infants - which I think is absurd, since one is just weaning from the breast - do they really think they will eat & drink adult stuff? We are so excited - celebrating our 32nd next week on the Westerdam!

Archived