Reserving a cabin without passengers names

shipty2

I am sailing on the Liberty in the new year and have reserved a cabin for myself and DH & DS. I would like to reserve another cabin now at the great price I got for someone else. Here is the fly in the ointment-I am not sure who that would be. We are attending a family wedding and many people will decide closer to the cruise sailing date if they are able to go. Now these other people are not seasoned cruisers and don't really understand that the price could change considerably by the time they make up their minds. So can I reserve a cabin for no one in particular. Like both passengers TBA?

You cannot make a reservation with two TBA's. They may let you hold it for 24 hours ( I doubt it) but you could try. Even if you make up names, once you change both names in a reservation it is considered a cancellation and the new rates will prevail. The deposit is refundable, why not try to talk them into putting deposit to save the rate? If they dtill don't want to, you can't say you didn't try.

I am sailing on the Liberty in the new year and have reserved a cabin for myself and DH & DS. I would like to reserve another cabin now at the great price I got for someone else. Here is the fly in the ointment-I am not sure who that would be. We are attending a family wedding and many people will decide closer to the cruise sailing date if they are able to go. Now these other people are not seasoned cruisers and don't really understand that the price could change considerably by the time they make up their minds. So can I reserve a cabin for no one in particular. Like both passengers TBA?

Yes but it might cost you a little.If you are booking direct they may wave the fee.You must book a room in your name and one in your spouses.Use another family member as guest #2 in each room.Later just change the names of guest #2 in each room to the correct guest and then finally change guest #1 in the second cabin. There might be name change charges but they are not that expensive.

Steve

Can't book two TBAs in one cabin. My son booked with himself and a TBA guest once, but ... the way you're putting it, Carnival could be stuck w/no one sailing in that cabin.

Best bet is to contact your own agent and ask. If you booked directly though Carnival, I'm sure you can get more of a correct answer by going to the source.

Be aware that a name change can cost $50.00. I am not saying they would if you have one TBA...but if you put "a name" and then have to change "a name"...there can be a $50.00 charge.

There is only a name change fee after final payment so as long as you have a TBA or any other name as the second person, you can leave it in place until just before final payment.

There is only a name change fee after final payment so as long as you have a TBA or any other name as the second person, you can leave it in place until just before final payment.

ok, i have the same question because my sister's bf might not able to come on the cruise.. my sister was asking m e how much it d cost to change names..

ok, i have the same question because my sister's bf might not able to come on the cruise.. my sister was asking m e how much it d cost to change names..

If you find another passenger to take his place before final payment than there is no charge, if you make the name change after final payment it is $50.

Archived