maasdam hints and tips

super_grover

ok, my dad just booked mom and I on the maasdam from april 4-14th (very spontaneous of us!)

I previously cruised on the Zuiderdam a few years ago and loved it!

I'm wondering if there are any hints or tips anyone has about the maasdam...it seems to be one of the "not-so-talked-about" ships on the boards here.

**doing the "it's booked but I don't really have any proof yet....dance**

No hints or tips, but you should enjoy your cruise. The CD and Captain currently on board are amongst the best I have seen. The entertainment the past 10 days was excellent as was the food in the dining room.

The morale on board the ship is very high which should make your cruise most enjoyable.

From a Vista to an S-class ship! Be prepared for a shock. :eek:

The Maasdam is comfortably small---after the Zuiderdam you'll think it's tiny. There is no loooonnnnnnggggggg walk from the dining room to the show lounge. Everything you want is just a few steps away. You don't have to fret if you forgot something and need to go back to the cabin---it's at most a couple of minutes away. You won't feel you've done your workout by walking to the gym!

I LOVE! the S-class ships. :D

Have a great cruise. :)

We just got off the Maasdam last Friday (after they pried my white-knuckled fingers from the door jamb of our cabin), and I have to tell you I've fallen in love with another Dam ship.

The servers in the Lido are so warm and inviting; the Cruise Director David Martin is not an in-your-face CD; Captain van der Loo is a very personable and chatty gentleman; the rest of the ship's officers would always stop for a minute to chat when they were approached; dining in the Rotterdam Dining Room every evening was a lovely experience, and Barrie Blyth in the Piano Bar was a treat to listen to and sing along with almost every evening.

The Maasdam is a smaller ship - (although not as small as the Prinsendam, and we loved her, too) but it really doesn't lack anything. All the amenities you would expect to find on a larger cruise ship are available on the Maasdam.

Ruth, I now know why you love the Maasdam so!

super_grover, please let us know your thoughts on the Maasdam upon your return.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Does anyone who has sailed the Maasdam recently know if the ship has a Loft and an Oasis area for teens? Thanks.

The deck plans show them at the aft of the Sports and Sky decks, along with Club HAL, the Video Arcade, and a small pool.

ok, my dad just booked mom and I on the maasdam from april 4-14th (very spontaneous of us!)

I previously cruised on the Zuiderdam a few years ago and loved it!

I'm wondering if there are any hints or tips anyone has about the maasdam...it seems to be one of the "not-so-talked-about" ships on the boards here.

**doing the "it's booked but I don't really have any proof yet....dance**

Welcome to the April 4-14th sailing!! Head over to the roll call section and visit your fellow cruisers!!!

Archived