FLL to MIA

ChrissyUK

We will be arriving in Ft Lauderdale after a cruise through the Panama Canal. Looking at the excursions the one we would really like to do (airboat ride) finishes at FLL and we need to fly from MIA. Does anyone know if there is an easy transport link (bus/train) between these two airports and also how long it is likely to take?

Thought I'd seen this post before:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=9234426#post9234426

I had a look at this too as we fly into Miami and depart from FLL. I ended up booking a car as it was the most straightforward and the cost was just under $70. Just didn't really want to trust driving a hire car on the "wrong" side of the road after a long flight.

Phil

We will be arriving in Ft Lauderdale after a cruise through the Panama Canal. Looking at the excursions the one we would really like to do (airboat ride) finishes at FLL and we need to fly from MIA. Does anyone know if there is an easy transport link (bus/train) between these two airports and also how long it is likely to take?

Hi, There is an Airport Shuttle Taxi at Ground Transportation in front of the regular Taxi stand. It takes about 30 min, to get to Miami Airport from Ft. Lauderdale if the traffic is good. You can also book a Limo there if you prefer a private driver.

We have done the airboats and I will caution you to make sure you put on the earplugs while on on the ride, the noise level is quite deafening. Also the Sawgrass in the everglades is sharp....keep your hands inside the boat!! You are very likely to see gator!

Hi Crissy, we are on the Summit Panama cruise arriving into FLL on April 14th this year. Just wondered if you are on the same cruise. (we have a roll call going)

We are having a couple of extra days in FLL post cruise,but last March we docked in FLL and flew from MIA back to the UK, there was 6 of us so we got a limo and it cost us approx $100. They we're at the port waiting on us with our name a card.

I think if you go onto the ports of call board and go into the FLL section you will get people who live in that area who will be able to give you an idea of costs for this year or perhaps make other suggestions. We used a company called larry's limos and if my memory serves me right you can get a quote on line. IMO at the end of your cruise you want the simplest/easiest way to get back to the airport. So if it was me I'd pre arrange a car to collect you from FLL to take you to MIA and allow just over an hour in peak times to do so.

We will do that this year too, I hope to get it arranged in the next day or so and if I get a price I'll post it back here to give you an idea of our cost.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise. I know we are so looking forward to it.

Happycruzer

Archived