Ncl Sun - Any Tips?

sandradeen

Does anyone have any advice/tips for the Sun? We are sailing this weekend, and although we have been on an NCL cruise before, I know each ship varies a bit. So for you experts out there...any special tips for us? Any restaurants in particular that are a must-do?

Thanks!

If youre bringing kids between the ages 15 to 21, appoligise in advance. There is absolutely nothing to do after 930 pm. Sure, they can go to Dazzles "night" club and watch the Liars club {bet that was fun in the 50's} hmmmm lets see, oh yeah, they can shut down the elevators and lie on the floor like they did last week. Probably their best bet would be to go to RCL webpage and start planning next years vacation like we are. If I had to describe NCL in one word, it would be ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Does anyone have any advice/tips for the Sun? We are sailing this weekend, and although we have been on an NCL cruise before, I know each ship varies a bit. So for you experts out there...any special tips for us? Any restaurants in particular that are a must-do?

Thanks!

If you want to have a nice quiet lunch when you board, make your way back to the Seven Seas dining room. The crew will try to steer you up to the buffet with hundreds of people (some will even tell you that the buffet is the only place to get lunch) we just found our way to the Seven Seas and had a great lunch with about 20 people total in the dining room.

If you want to have a nice quiet lunch when you board, make your way back to the Seven Seas dining room. The crew will try to steer you up to the buffet with hundreds of people (some will even tell you that the buffet is the only place to get lunch) we just found our way to the Seven Seas and had a great lunch with about 20 people total in the dining room.

I had forgotten that! Good tip - we did the same and it was just so relaxing.

That is a great tip!

I also recommend to people the same thing for days in port. Enjoy a nice leisurely quiet breakfast in the dining room before leaving the ship.

Can we also eat in the dining room the morning of disembarkation? (I have no idea why they don't call it debarkation?)

That is a great tip!

I also recommend to people the same thing for days in port. Enjoy a nice leisurely quiet breakfast in the dining room before leaving the ship.

Can we also eat in the dining room the morning of disembarkation? (I have no idea why they don't call it debarkation?)

Seven Seas is open 6am -8:30am on the final morning

If youre bringing kids between the ages 15 to 21, appoligise in advance. There is absolutely nothing to do after 930 pm. Sure, they can go to Dazzles "night" club and watch the Liars club {bet that was fun in the 50's} hmmmm lets see, oh yeah, they can shut down the elevators and lie on the floor like they did last week. Probably their best bet would be to go to RCL webpage and start planning next years vacation like we are. If I had to describe NCL in one word, it would be ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

My 16 yo and 17 yo had a ball on the Sun. They joined the teen club and most nights were not in the room before 1 am Sunday 10:45 Teen Sailaway party, Monday midnight twisted karaoke, Tues. 10:45 Teen vs. Crew Soccer 11:45 Boys/Girls night out FoosBall Pedicures. Wed. 11pm movie night, Thurs. 11:30 Wacky Wet &Wild 12am Teen Disco, Fri. 10:30 Scavenger hunt. Sat.10:30 Farewell party.

I agree, Las Ramblas was great - food and sangria. It's kinda out of the way so we didn't know about it on our lst Sun cruise. Some friends told us about it and we went on our 2nd cruise a few weeks ago. The steaks, etc. in East Meets West are fantastic. The Sun's our favorite ship with the best crew yet. Have a great time!

Go to Las Ramblas for appetizers a couple of times. We did not go until our 2nd last night and I regret that. It is quiet and relaxing and the tapas are pleasant. Just a nice thing to do before dinner.

We liked to have the tapas at Las Ramblas and then go to the 7:30 show, having dinner in one of the main dining rooms after the show.....surely one of the joys of Freestyle.

One thing though....be sure not to get seconds at Las Ramblas, as it will spoil your appetite for later.

Las Rambles is a must; As for the teen agers, if they choose not to take part in the wonderful teen program that is their choice, but most kids love NCLs teen group. As for the kids from 18 to 20, this is a tough age. Too young for the bar seen and too old for the teen group. What can they do, I have no clue. NMNita

Las Ramblas is a free restaurant, right?

Yes, it is. But on the Sun the Las Ramblas only serves tapas and other snacks. It's more a bar than a restaurant, although the food is great.

If you're expecting a Tex-Mex restaurant, you'll be disappointed.

We've salied 4 times on the Sun, most recently before drydock this past October. If you eat in East Meets West, request a table being served by "Lito." Ask him what looks good on the menu tonight... he's fabulous. The Jean Ann Ryan shows are fabulous. I had a really good massage in the spa from JoAnne. Enjoy!!!!!

Reading some of your other posts it seems like your boys are 17 and 22. I can't imagine why the 22 year old didn't have a good time: our granddaughters always enjoy cruising regardless of the line. 17, it is a rough age; almost too old for the teen program and too young for adult activities but there are still so much for them to do. What about port activities, lounging around the pool during the day, doing to shows at night and just having fun with the family? I guess it is beyond me to try and understand why kids think they have to be entertainmed 24/7. NMNita

We went on our lst RCI cruise in Dec. and feel the same way about RCI as you do NCL. It was boring & quiet. We have found lots to do anytime on Carnival and NCL. Everybody has their own opinion!

Is Pacific Heights the "healthy" restaurant? (in conjunction with Cooking Light magazine)

Is it a free one?

Do we need reservations for that one?

I think we made reservation but it probably isn't necessary; Yes, it's the Cooking Light restaurant and although maybe not quite as tasty as some others, the food is very good. I had port chops with mussels for an appetizer. I couldn't beleive how many mussels they gave me. It was an entire meal almost. No charge!!!! NMnita

As for the kids from 18 to 20, this is a tough age. Too young for the bar seen and too old for the teen group. What can they do, I have no clue. NMNita

Two suggestions:

1. Leave them at home and have an enjoyable vacation not worrying about your older kids having fun on the ship (although you will worry about your house)

2. Insist that they must *enjoy* the privelidge of you paying for their trip, feeding them and putting up with their boredom. :p

I prefer #1, because (as I have a 22 and a 20 yo) I know that the last thing they want to do is travel with their parents EVEN if they are picking up the tab! :D

Archived