Lobster!!

delmar60

Yes, Lobster is usually on the first formal night. If your a big fan, make sure you ask for seconds when you order. We always warn our waiter that I will need at least 2 lobster tails (it's my weakness). They have changed buckets of beers to big aluminum 16 oz. bottles, and my DH was not as happy with the new price of buckets. Not much if any of a deal with the bucket now. We think they had coolers but not sure we are beer and specialty drinkers only.

Have a great cruise

Karla

Lobster is served on all Carnival ships on the first Formal Night. It's available in the dining room only, not at the buffet. They are medium-small, but you can have many as you care to eat. I usually have two and prime rib on that night.

I've never seen wine coolers on board, but that doesn't mean they don't have them.:confused: Since wine is allowed to be brought on board (at embarkation only), I don't see a problem w/wine coolers.

delmar60,

If you have any Conquest questions - ask away - we have sailed on it twice. Once out of N.O. and most recently this September out of Galveston. We know and like the ship well and are willing to answer anything!!

Karla

We are booked on the Conquest for our first time cruise and we were wondering if lobster is served every night or just certain times!! What is the price of a beer? Do they have coolers like B&J?? Thanks in advance!!

Lobster.........mmmmmmm http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2970577350089406063ALZDDn

I had 2 with 2 prime rib.......when Victor asked if anyone needed anything else.....I said "we are late seating....we don't want anything to go to waste"....LOL as a joke......................he brought out 2 more tails!!:D

Ok this may sound like a stupid redneck question, but I was wondering if lobster tasted anything like crawfish??? :D I've always wanted to try it, but I've been scared. LoL

Similar, but lobster isn't boiled in crab boil like crawfish. It's served w/clarified butter to dip the meat into. SO good. You can order it, and if you don't really care for it, order something else that night - like prime rib. (I always order two lobster tails and prime rib.):)

Ok this may sound like a stupid redneck question, but I was wondering if lobster tasted anything like crawfish??? :D I've always wanted to try it, but I've been scared. LoL

I grew up in RI, lived in Georgia and North Carolina, so have tried both. These are rock lobster, which are smaller than new england lobster, but larger than longastino...sweeter than crawdads, but you don't get to suck the heads:D You have to order it ....

Hey Karla, Thank you for that invite!! My wife and I are looking SO forward to the cruise! We were scheduled out of N.O. but Carnival cancelled it and moved us over to Galveston. I may ask you a few more questions but the big one is how is Galveston?? Is it worth staying a few extra days etc. Is the dining room on the conquest worth it to pay for or just stay with the regular dining? Thanks Delmar60

Hey Karla, Thank you for that invite!! My wife and I are looking SO forward to the cruise! We were scheduled out of N.O. but Carnival cancelled it and moved us over to Galveston. I may ask you a few more questions but the big one is how is Galveston?? Is it worth staying a few extra days etc. Is the dining room on the conquest worth it to pay for or just stay with the regular dining? Thanks Delmar60

The supper club is WELL WORTH IT!!! I don't even eat the lobster in the dining room... doesn't even compare. If you are a lobster snob, you probably won't enjoy the dining room lobster much, but the supper club lobster is quite good! Everything in the supper club is SO GOOD!!

Personally, I wouldn't go to Galveston for more than a day pre-cruise... but that's just me... it didn't do much for me, LOL

The dining room is the regular restaurant. You can pay extra to dine at the specialty restaurant (sorry, can't remember the name). Galveston's a nice little town. We didn't find that much to do there, but did spend an afternoon at the NASA museum at Johnson Space Station (halfway between Houston and Galveston).

Similar, but lobster isn't boiled in crab boil like crawfish. It's served w/clarified butter to dip the meat into. SO good. You can order it, and if you don't really care for it, order something else that night - like prime rib. (I always order two lobster tails and prime rib.):)

So how is lobster cooked?? I thought it was cooked the same way as crab? :confused:

So how is lobster cooked?? I thought it was cooked the same way as crab? :confused:

Most of the time they cool it in a oven with some wine and maybe some butter with it and then toss it under a salamander (broiler) for a few seconds to crisp it just a tad.At least thats how we do tails in my restaurant. See you cant boil a tail because the meat would get funky and maybe tough because there is nothing to keep the water off it so broiling is the best way

You can only boil/steam lobster when they are whole (and live). I think the tails on the ship are kept frozen and they broil them.

Archived