Lobster!!

delmar60

Similar, but lobster isn't boiled in crab boil like crawfish. It's served w/clarified butter to dip the meat into. SO good. You can order it, and if you don't really care for it, order something else that night - like prime rib. (I always order two lobster tails and prime rib.):)

maybe i'll do a lobster and prime rib....no diet that week anyways, right??? lol. thanks!

Hey Karla, Thank you for that invite!! My wife and I are looking SO forward to the cruise! We were scheduled out of N.O. but Carnival cancelled it and moved us over to Galveston. I may ask you a few more questions but the big one is how is Galveston?? Is it worth staying a few extra days etc. Is the dining room on the conquest worth it to pay for or just stay with the regular dining? Thanks Delmar60

Galveston is nice. You could definately spend a few days exploring and seeing sights. Of course, I live in TX and have seen most of it already. The beaches are O.K., but the Gulf Coast just doesn't compare to what your going to see in the Caribbean. You could easily enjoy a day at Moody Gardens. It has an aquarium pyramid, a 3-D IMAX theater, a tropical rainforest pyramid, and an IMAX Ridefilm Theater. They also have Schlitterbahn Waterpark - named the #1 Waterpark in the country by the travel channel. I would check out these things for sure if I was with family, and I still would see a little of the town and attractions as a couple.

And yes, from everything I have read...and I've read a ton, the extra dining room is waaaaay worth it. We missed out on our first cruise - and then my husband had a terrible cold so we again cancelled and missed the fancy extra dinner on our last Conquest voyage. We were so disappointed...but we didn't want to spend the money on food that my blessed DH could not smell or taste. I would go for it...I think you'll be quite pleased.

Keep coming with questions...everyone on this site is wonderful for info and advice.

Karla

Archived