Can't decide which itinerary.....HELP!!

Fun~N~Sun

Our first cruise we were on the Destiny for the Southern Caribbean when it still went to Aruba! We loved the ports. Now we are looking to book a second cruise and are looking to go on one of the Spirit class ships. Can't decide between Western Caribbean (Jamaica, Cayman's, Belieze, Costa, etc) or go the Southern route again but different ports this time St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten. We don't like to do excursions as much as we like fun (nice) beaches with music, drinks, shopping, etc. We are worried about the safety issues with the Western route and maybe not excitement with the Southern route. Any input or thoughts? :rolleyes:

Since you want to do the Southern Route and the Spirit Class Ships, I say do the 8 day Southern on the Miracle leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale. You can to the beach thing in St. Lucia, shop in St. Maarten and do a lil of both in St. Kitts. I don't think you can go wrong with the Miracle and the Itinerary. I sailed on the Miracle back in September 2006 and loved it.

Our first cruise we were on the Destiny for the Southern Caribbean when it still went to Aruba! We loved the ports. Now we are looking to book a second cruise and are looking to go on one of the Spirit class ships. Can't decide between Western Caribbean (Jamaica, Cayman's, Belieze, Costa, etc) or go the Southern route again but different ports this time St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten. We don't like to do excursions as much as we like fun (nice) beaches with music, drinks, shopping, etc. We are worried about the safety issues with the Western route and maybe not excitement with the Southern route. Any input or thoughts? :rolleyes:

Just off the Miracle and West Carib. Nothing wrong with the beaches in Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Costa Maya. Not sure about Belize cos we went Cave tubing. You will love the Miracle if you do the Southern Carib, in fact, DW and I are thinking about that cruise next Jan 27th.:) There is a nice beach in St Maarten but we haven't been to the other ports yet. Good luck and happy cruising.

Why a spirit class?

you will find more options if you look at other class ships iteneraries.

Why would you suggest something other than spirit class? We were already on the Destiny so we wanted something in a different class.

I've just seen many posts where people say they didn't feel safe in Jamica, Belieze, and some of the other Western ports.

whew-- had me worried there-

But remember- dont discount not looking into something because of what others say-- You woulda missed out experinceing the Destiny if you would have listened to peoples comments. (Mine included)

and what about people who say that CArnival; is nothing but a drunken sailing barge filled with rowdy teens.

You have to experince it yourself- I been to Ocho rios 3 times.. I do my own shore excursions-- Its not a place to wander around by yourself-- but if you go to any of the places you listed above with a plan-- you will be fine. Yes--even in Belieze..

Why would you suggest something other than spirit class? We were already on the Destiny so we wanted something in a different class.

because the Conquest class ships also have some good iteneraries,

Valor-Belize, Costa Maya-Cayman Island-Roatan

or

Liberty-St Thomas- San Juan- Bahamas-Antiqua-Tortola (great beaches at all the ports except SJ.

The only place I'd be concerned about is Jamaica. We went to Ocho Rios and booked a private tour to the falls. Make sure your tour company is a JUTA company (government run). Once we got back, we went to Jimmy Buffets and stay there. I wouldn't do much else there.

In Belize we booked a cave tubing excursion with X-Stream Cave Tubing. They met us at the pier and we had no problems there. Have not been to Costa Maya. Grand Cayman no problem.

Just use common sense in these places like you would at home...stay with your group and don't wander off by yourselves away from the "main drag".

Archived