CocoCay -- how often do they make it?

good morning everyone...i have been reading this post as I am scheduled to make a stop here next month. My question is this...does anyone know where else we might stop at if we don't make Coco Cay...We are just going on a 4 day to Nassau, & Coco Cay...should I read up on any other ports...just in case....I like to be prepared...I'll be happy stopping anywhere...I'd just like to find beach ops...at other ports in case we get detoured...thank everyone! I'll add to the board when I get home.

good morning everyone...i have been reading this post as I am scheduled to make a stop here next month. My question is this...does anyone know where else we might stop at if we don't make Coco Cay...We are just going on a 4 day to Nassau, & Coco Cay...should I read up on any other ports...just in case....I like to be prepared...I'll be happy stopping anywhere...I'd just like to find beach ops...at other ports in case we get detoured...thank everyone! I'll add to the board when I get home.

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm on a 4 day Soverign cruise scheduled to stop at nassau and CocoCay as well.

Many have said they went to San Juan instead. When I was on the Sovereign 2 years ago, we just had an extra sea day but there was a huge storm so that might have prevented us from getting in other ports too.

I'm wondering if whether you get a sea day or go to San Juan depends on if you are on a 3 or 4 day trip? Or if it depends on whether you are on the Mariner or Sov?

San Juan is a little far for a 4 day to hit... I imagine you get another day at sea or maybe more time in Nassau.

When we sailed Mariner last month, we were supposed to hit Coco Cay on Day 2 but instead we had a day at sea and hit San Juan on day 3. The ship was hauling you-know-what on that day at sea just to make it to San Juan.

the weather seems to be the primary factor and it boils down to the fact that you have to be tendered to Coco Cay, the ship doesn't dock there. So if the captain doesn't think you can be safely tendered ashore, you will skip it, even if the weather appears to be sunny enough... the water may still be too rough to tender.

San Juan is a little far for a 4 day to hit... I imagine you get another day at sea or maybe more time in Nassau.

When we sailed Mariner last month, we were supposed to hit Coco Cay on Day 2 but instead we had a day at sea and hit San Juan on day 3. The ship was hauling you-know-what on that day at sea just to make it to San Juan.

the weather seems to be the primary factor and it boils down to the fact that you have to be tendered to Coco Cay, the ship doesn't dock there. So if the captain doesn't think you can be safely tendered ashore, you will skip it, even if the weather appears to be sunny enough... the water may still be too rough to tender.

Was your ship supposed to do CocoCay and Nassau? I thought all of the ships making stops at CocoCay were 3 or 4 night trips? For those who went to San Juan instead of Cococay - what ship and how many nights was your trip?

For us it was 2 out of 3. We did not make it the first time due to the strong winds and choppy water. This was on the Sovereign of the Seas before the big remodel and we went to Miami instead. I think some workers came aboard in Miami to start working on the ship.

One for two (hoping for 2 for 3 in two weeks!)

It's funny, my sister and I didn't hear the announcement that we weren't stopping at Cococay, so there we were, at the doors with our snorkel gear in hand, wondering where everyone else was......

We're one for one, although it was an absolutly lousy day :( . High wind, high seas, we almost were unable to board the tender, cold and rainy. I hope it's better this time.

countdown.pl?name=dgslate&date=5-14-2007&image=vfin&text=Bon Voyage!&ship=Sovereign of the Seas

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas Feb. 2002

Was your ship supposed to do CocoCay and Nassau? I thought all of the ships making stops at CocoCay were 3 or 4 night trips? For those who went to San Juan instead of Cococay - what ship and how many nights was your trip?

The ships that can make it to San Juan are week and more. The ships that come from Miami do Key West on the 4 day.

Has anyone tried to figure out what RCCL's percentage is at stopping at CocoCay? It seems like there are a lot of trips where it gets skipped, but it's hard to tell what the chances are without a list.

I don't know the % of RCCL cruises that stop there, but I do know they could skip the stop altogether. We have been there a couple of times on our cruises, and there really isn't much to do there. The food on the island was really lousy this last time (Feb 07) We stopped at CocoCay.

I don't know the % of RCCL cruises that stop there, but I do know they could skip the stop altogether. We have been there a couple of times on our cruises, and there really isn't much to do there. The food on the island was really lousy this last time (Feb 07) We stopped at CocoCay.

We just had our first stop there on the 3-night Majesty cruise, and we loved it. Had great weather, awesome snorkeling, food was good, and spent hours just sitting on a floating pad in the ocean. For us this was one of the best days we had cruising so far as it was so relaxing and didn't feel the least bit crowded.

Just Call Rccl And Check Weather Before You Leave.

Why???:confused:

We have only missed it once outta a dozen or so times.......was just there this past saturday.........I LOVE it there............

Archived