Has anyone flown on Air Pacific?

Psoque

Hi,

Check out seatguru.com. They don't have Air Pacific listed explicitly, but you can see plane layouts for 747-400s (for example) with info about power outlets. (This might be the closest seat map that I could find for this airline: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Singapore_Air/Singapore_Air_Boeing_747-400_4.php).

I'm flying Air Pacific, too, LAX-SYD round-trip, this Dec-Jan. It was a great deal, I thought - $1300. (Coach, of course.)

Have a good trip!

Thanks for your suggestion.

However, I don't think seatguru can help any of us, since the particular cabin configuration for Air Pacific appears to be different from any other, looking at the seating chart on Air Pacific website.

Naoyuki

• 2 months later...

Travelled back yesterday on Air Pacific. I thought the round-trip experience was fine. Service was decent, food was pretty good. In-seat entertainment was handy (although you can't see the screen if the person in front of you is fully reclined and you are not).

Travelled without glitches from LAX through Fiji to SYD. On the way back though, there was a 5 hour delay out of SYD. Made up a little time in Fiji, with an abbreviated layover and using the same aircraft. Barely made my connection in LAX to Reno, but I did.

Aircraft had 70 rows. We sat in rows 45, 35, 36, 37 on respective legs. "Decent" seating: 20-22 inch seat width, 26-28 inch pitch.

Was worried about weight limits for carry-on luggage, but they didn't weigh them, so we were fine.

One note of warning: In Fiji, you must go to the Transit Desk between flights. This desk is under-staffed and very slow. Get in line quickly after getting off your first flight! The good news is that they have guitar/yukelele player(s) to entertain you as you arrive and/or wait in line. (Not much in the way of air conditioning, though. It was 82-84 degrees F in the boarding area at midnight January 7th.)

Overall, the flights were worth the savings.

Happy Travelling!

Archived