Any singles on Conquest 9/16/07?

vcrus1102

Mel: Where will you be meeting after the muster drill? I will be there provided I don't get too carried away with the drinks of the day. That's great that you have 4 friends that enjoy cruising and you all can go together.

You need to go to and read through the thread below. It is the "roll call" of our 9-16-07 cruise. A lot of people have posted....up to 17 pages already!! Lot of discusson on there about port activities and where we are going to have our Meet and Mingle on the ship. As of now, we're meeting after the muster drill at the Sky Bar. We're all going to wear mardi gras bead so we will be able to recognize each other and introduce ourselves. After talking on this board for several months to each other, it's nice to be able to meet in person. Makes the cruise more fun as you run into each other around the ship throughout the cruise. Go to the site and introduce yourself.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=465016

Make sure when you "get carried away with the drink of the day" that you are doing it at the Sky Bar for the Meet and Mingle after the muster drill!!!! You will have some instant friends!!

Mel

You need to go to and read through the thread below. It is the "roll call" of our 9-16-07 cruise. A lot of people have posted....up to 17 pages already!! Lot of discusson on there about port activities and where we are going to have our Meet and Mingle on the ship. As of now, we're meeting after the muster drill at the Sky Bar. We're all going to wear mardi gras bead so we will be able to recognize each other and introduce ourselves. After talking on this board for several months to each other, it's nice to be able to meet in person. Makes the cruise more fun as you run into each other around the ship throughout the cruise. Go to the site and introduce yourself.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=465016

Make sure when you "get carried away with the drink of the day" that you are doing it at the Sky Bar for the Meet and Mingle after the muster drill!!!! You will have some instant friends!!

Mel

Mel: I will be at the sky bar after the muster drill. If I can't find any beads, I will be the one with a "KANSAS STATE" lanyard around my neck. I'll try to pop over to the roll call boards this week and introduce myself.

Mel: I will be at the sky bar after the muster drill. If I can't find any beads, I will be the one with a "KANSAS STATE" lanyard around my neck. I'll try to pop over to the roll call boards this week and introduce myself.

Steve---So a "Sooner" fan is going to meet a "Wildcat" fan. I'm an OU football season ticket holder for the past 33 years. I'm going to miss one of our home games while on the cruise....but it is just Utah State....who are they?? (Of course, I said that last year about Boise State and look what happened to us!! And we won't talk about that Big XII game in 2003...will we???)

Mel

Steve---So a "Sooner" fan is going to meet a "Wildcat" fan. I'm an OU football season ticket holder for the past 33 years. I'm going to miss one of our home games while on the cruise....but it is just Utah State....who are they?? (Of course, I said that last year about Boise State and look what happened to us!! And we won't talk about that Big XII game in 2003...will we???)

Mel

Okay Mel, I promise not to mention 2003 if you won't bring up all the beatings we've received in your 33 years of watching OU football. I've seen some incredible OU talent come through Manhattan going back to the Chuck Fairbanks and Steve Owens era. I'm really dating myself with that statement.

Mel

I'll mention something! LSU were National Champs that year!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!:p :D

I'll mention something! LSU were National Champs that year!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!:p :D

Hi Aaron---we don't talk about that either!! Once I get on the ship...I'll be neutral....I hope. Football will be the furtherest thing from my mind!! I'll be more interested in keeping up with my dancing shoes then!!

Hi Aaron---we don't talk about that either!! Once I get on the ship...I'll be neutral....I hope. Football will be the furtherest thing from my mind!! I'll be more interested in keeping up with my dancing shoes then!!

Don't worry. I hear you, loud and clear!;) :) I'll be looking for that drink at the Skybar.

• 2 weeks later...

I also will be cruising with you & am very much single (47).

To all you single ladies my traveling partner is my 52 yr old brother who is also single.

We are planning to be at the meet & mingle after the muster. I will have the beads on, not sure about my brother, he isn't in to all that.

I also will be cruising with you & am very much single (47).

To all you single ladies my traveling partner is my 52 yr old brother who is also single.

We are planning to be at the meet & mingle after the muster. I will have the beads on, not sure about my brother, he isn't in to all that.

Welcome aboard "klwigg59" and to your brother!! Looking forward to meeting you at the Meet and Mingle. You'll have to tell your brother that he needs to "get into all that"....a cruise is a place where you let your hair down and have a good time!!

Mel

Thanks Mel, looking forward to meeting you too, I have been trying to tell him that he needs to let loose but..... Oh well, at least he opened up to the idea of going on a cruise "with all those people" :) ! This is actually our 2nd cruise together.

At 36, I'm starting to feel like the baby here!!

Now Aaron, don't be thinking that way!! I may be in my 50's.....but I feel young....and you still have to dance with me!!! I know people in their 30's & 40's who love to hang out with me and my friends. Just remember....age is just a number.....it's how young you are in your heart!!

Mel

Now Aaron, don't be thinking that way!! I may be in my 50's.....but I feel young....and you still have to dance with me!!! I know people in their 30's & 40's who love to hang out with me and my friends. Just remember....age is just a number.....it's how young you are in your heart!!

Mel

Don't worry Mel, I am not backing out of anything! I just noticed how young I was compared to everyone else on here and on the Roll Call board. But you are absolutely right. You are only as young as you feel-maybe I should go back to college!:p :D Keep them dancing shoes warmed up! And don't forget your beads.;) :)

• 2 weeks later...
Don't worry Mel, I am not backing out of anything! I just noticed how young I was compared to everyone else on here and on the Roll Call board. But you are absolutely right. You are only as young as you feel-maybe I should go back to college!:p :D Keep them dancing shoes warmed up! And don't forget your beads.;) :)

Hi Aaron.....oh don't worry.....I have my beads all ready to go. I have tons of them....and I think I already said that I didn't "earn" them the usual way. HA!! But you never know....what happens on the cruise stays on the cruise!!! 1 month and 7 days.......WOO HOO!!!!

Mel

Hi Mel:

Thought I'd check in with a quick update. I had to cancel this cruise a couple of weeks ago for reasons that were out of my control. Needless to say I'm not a happy camper. Since I was more than 30 days out, I got all of my money back except the $250 deposit.

I was really looking forward to meeting you and your friends and being able to hang out with some ladies close to my own age. I will continue to lurk around the boards and if I see you've got a future cruise planned, I will make it a point to join you.

You'll have a blast on the Conquest. Can't remember the piano man's name but he is very good, so make it a point to spend some time there. Hope to see a review from you or anyone else on this cruise to remind me of the great time I missed. Also, as you get to the end of the dock in Cozumel, Carlos N' Charlies and Senor Frogs is right there, so stop in before your excursions or before you board for departure and down a couple of shots for me.

Bet you're anxious for the football season to start. Been to several Big 12 stadiums but not Oklahoma's. This is on my to-do list as I've always wanted to see a game there.

Have a super time on your cruise and wishing you the best.

Steve

Hi Steve....what a bummer! I already had you on my dance card. That just means that Aaron will have to do double time dancing with all of us...haha!!

I hate that you had to cancel. I know when you're looking forward to something and then have to back out it's real disappointing. Especially when looking forward to a cruise. I probably won't take another one until next year sometime. I've done a lot of traveling the past 5 months and usually settle down during the winter. By springtime, I'm ready to go again.

I am looking forward to football season. It will start out HOT, probably near 100...they usually are...and they are killers! But I've sat through many games in all kinds of weather, but have turned into a "fair weather" fan as I've gotten older!

I will post a review when I get back from the cruise, you'll need to watch for it. In the meantime, take care and maybe we'll meet up on a later cruise ship.

Mel

• 2 weeks later...
At 36, I'm starting to feel like the baby here!!

Hey Aaron sorry your not going to be the baby, my friend Kendall is 34 and Donya is early thirties as well, i am the oldest single but you can judge my age when you meet me. :D

Hey Aaron sorry your not going to be the baby, my friend Kendall is 34 and Donya is early thirties as well, i am the oldest single but you can judge my age when you meet me. :D

Hey Matlily......you are most likely not the oldest single....5 of us gals coming in our 50's....and all 5 of us will NOT act our age!!! We don't in our home town, so I'm sure we won't on the ship!!!! Looking forward to seeing and playing with everyone!!

Mel

Archived