How far is Hell?

melgray13

How far is Hell from the pier?

Well, the earth's diameter at the equator is 7,926.41 miles. Assuming Hell is at the center of the earth, it would be exactly 3,963.205 miles from the pier, straight down to Hell. :D

I don't know that I would make that my sole excursion in Grand Caymans...but to each his own...

LL

I agree, it's about worth a five-minute stop, maybe 15 if you stretch it out with a little shopping; only one small shop as I remember.

Hi there. Just wondering if anyone knows if we can do a stingray city tour with a private tour operator and also, visit hell? I have a 16 year old who is just dying to buy a tshirt :eek: and also, mail some post cards, take some pics, but I am also trying to please my 12 year old who wants to do the stingray city excursion. Any suggestions!?!?

Hi there. Just wondering if anyone knows if we can do a stingray city tour with a private tour operator and also, visit hell? I have a 16 year old who is just dying to buy a tshirt :eek: and also, mail some post cards, take some pics, but I am also trying to please my 12 year old who wants to do the stingray city excursion. Any suggestions!?!?

Captain Marvin offers Stringray city/snorkeling and the option to add on Hell/Turtle Farm/other place of interest. I think it's an additioanl $25 per person

Hi I just got back today from Explorer of the Seas and we took a bus to Hell, $2.50 each person and it took about 15-20 mins. Not much when you get there, shop with lots of t-shirts, postcards etc and the post office. There are also rock formations behind the shop - that's about it in Hell!

The shop owner is dressed as the Devil and there are posing areas outside of the shop.

I'm glad we went, we saw a bit of the island on the bus which we wouldn't have seen normally as we hadn't booked any tours for this stop.

Theres a car park just a few streets up from the waterfront, behind the main shopping areas where there are minibuses lined up and you just pay the driver your $2.50. The bus also passes the main public area on 7 mile beach and the turtle farm so all of these are doable by public bus very cheaply and they run every 10 mins or so.

.. oh and I just realised this is my first post:)

Hi I just got back today from Explorer of the Seas and we took a bus to Hell, $2.50 each person and it took about 15-20 mins. Not much when you get there, shop with lots of t-shirts, postcards etc and the post office. There are also rock formations behind the shop - that's about it in Hell!

The shop owner is dressed as the Devil and there are posing areas outside of the shop.

I'm glad we went, we saw a bit of the island on the bus which we wouldn't have seen normally as we hadn't booked any tours for this stop.

Theres a car park just a few streets up from the waterfront, behind the main shopping areas where there are minibuses lined up and you just pay the driver your $2.50. The bus also passes the main public area on 7 mile beach and the turtle farm so all of these are doable by public bus very cheaply and they run every 10 mins or so.

.. oh and I just realised this is my first post:)

This is exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks. Can you tell me where you got on the bus? Thanks!

PS, happy that your first post was to help me with my quesetion :)

Hi, we are going on Carnival Inspiration in October. My son wants to go to Hell and then I would like us to go to a beach and then do some shopping before we get back on the ship. We are only there from 7am - 2pm so time will be a big issue! Do the buses stay at hell after they drop you off or do they take off right away? If they take off how long until one comes back? I don't want to get stuck in hell for a couple of hours and then miss the beach! Are the beaches and shopping close to where the tenders dock? Is hell, a beach and shopping do-able in just a few hours? Thanks for any help!!!!

Anyone know if it's possible to do Captain Marvin's 1/2 day excursion, and then take a bus to, and back to Hell, and make it back to the ship on time for last tender? Or, I would even consider going to Hell, (yeah yeah....I know :rolleyes: ) prior to going on the Captain Marvin's 1/2 day excursion. I am not interested in doing the Turtle farm. Has anyone done both of these while in Grand Cayman, with the amount of hours that I have (without using a tour operator for Hell)? We are in Grand Cayman 8AM - 4PM Ship Time 7AM - 3PM Island time.

Thanks for any info.......:D

Archived