Sams Club or Costco - Oahu

tupperstamper

Sams club is close to ala moana just on the edge of waikiki.

You could easily hop a short bus ride from your hotel

SAM'S CLUB 4755: 750 KEEAUMOKU ST HONOLULU , HI (808) 945-9841

There's a costco not far from hanauma bay.

I only have membership in BJ's..no sams or costco near me. Can you get into either one with out the membership..like a one time visitors pass? O r is there a BJ's:rolleyes:

Often there is a coupon in the paper for a one-day visit to Sams...usually on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday paper.

I am sure if you walked in, however and asked, you'd be allowed without a coupon since they are SO frequently in the paper.

Costco will give you a 1-day shopping pass. Unless things have changed, a 5% surcharge will be added to your bill. I'm not sure of the exact location, but we usually stop at the Costco that's between the airport and Waikiki. You could probably go on the Costco website and find the exact location.

I believe Sam's Club also assesses a 5% surcharge for "day guests" (just like BJs).

Mike... Don't think BJs has gotten to the islands yet. It's a warehouse club like Costco and Sam's that charges a modest membership fee to belong. It's not that old (compared to Costco/PriceClub) and usually has things in slightly smaller packaging than Costco (though they've started to have things individually packaged though still in bulk). BJs pricing, selection and customer service isn't up to Costco, but that's JMHO.

Carolyn

Costco will give you a 1-day shopping pass. Unless things have changed, a 5% surcharge will be added to your bill. I'm not sure of the exact location, but we usually stop at the Costco that's between the airport and Waikiki. You could probably go on the Costco website and find the exact location.

Costco

Warehouses Found RedDot1.gifIwilei (Oahu)

(Distance: 1.4 miles)

525 Alakawa Street

Iwilei, Hawaii

96817RedDot2.gifHawaii Kai (Oahu)

(Distance: 9.7 miles)

333A Keahole Street

Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii

96825RedDot3.gifWaipio (Oahu)

(Distance: 12.4 miles)

94-1231 Ka Uka Blvd

Waipahu (Oahu), Hawaii

Warehouses Found

Kona (Hawaii)

(Distance: 27.3 miles)

73-5600 Maiau Street

Kailua-Kona (Hawaii), Hawaii

Location #1 must be the one we went to. I was amazed...they had everything from fresh-made sushi to Kona coffee from their own roaster. They also had at least three full aisles (front and back) of souvenir items -- candy, nuts, coffee, etc. Also, they had some of the most beautiful leis in a small refrigerator section that were dirt cheap compared to other places we had seen. Definitely stop there if you have a rental car (and don't forget to fill up the tank...they had the best pricing on the island!). Okay, enough of the Costco public service announcement. :D

IMCSICK...

We're planning on stopping at at least one location while we're in Oahu. Of course we will have already stopped at Kauai's location while we're there for the week. We're a Costco (originally Price Club) family and LOVE it. We've been members since '89 and usually have to stop in for a hot dog, slice of pizza etc. where ever we may be. Interesting to see the different local specialties. DH got his Aloha shirt and board shorts and we couldn't beat the price (and of course quality).

Gotta love Costco.

Carolyn

• 5 years later...

I have read elsewhere on CC that the hot dogs at Honolulu Costco are "to die for" (something about them being served with pineapple). Can anyone confirm this? If so, does anyone know if the Hawaii Kai location south of Honolulu would also serve the hot dogs with pineapple? (Based on our plans I think the Hawaii Kai location is the one we would most likely visit.)

I have read elsewhere on CC that the hot dogs at Honolulu Costco are "to die for" (something about them being served with pineapple). Can anyone confirm this? If so, does anyone know if the Hawaii Kai location south of Honolulu would also serve the hot dogs with pineapple? (Based on our plans I think the Hawaii Kai location is the one we would most likely visit.)

It's been awhile since going to either Oahu Costco however I frequently go to the Maui Costco & went to Kauai a couple of years ago...no pineapple & only sauerkraut, relish, onions, mustard & ketchup just like any other Costco.

It's been awhile since going to either Oahu Costco however I frequently go to the Maui Costco & went to Kauai a couple of years ago...no pineapple & only sauerkraut, relish, onions, mustard & ketchup just like any other Costco.

Thanks, Astro Flyer. That will save us some frustration and help us not to waste our precious time while we are in port. If the Hawaii Costco hotdogs are the same that we can get here, we will likely just drive on by.

Archived