Question re: OBC

Bob NC

We booked 2 cabins on the Elation 4/09 thru Costco Travel. Got a nice discount and Past Passenger upgrade.

Received my documents yesterday and had a question about them so I called Costco Travel. While on the phone I asked what the policy is if the cruise cost lowers between the time I booked with them and the cruise sails. I was told I would be eligible for refund or OBC. I then asked her to check current pricing. She called Carnival, came back on the phone and said the price had lowered and we would be eligible for a $50 per person OBC. I asked her if I could have an email or hard copy letter stating such. She said she would have to call Carnival back to find out how I would receive this confirmation. After a half hour on hold she came back and said I could NOT get this OBC because we had already been ticketed.

Anybody have a similar experience or suggestion on what recourse, if any, I have?

Some agencies do not give refunds after final payment-- some dont give it out especially if you are ticketed.

Ask the agent to do a 3 way conversation to put your mind at ease.

Archived