If your primary interstest in cruising was just nice beaches.......

Fun~N~Sun

My personal choice for beaches would the southern Caribbean.

Look at Destiny's itenerary.

Whoops, sorry should have mentioned that we had already been on the Destiny before it changed itineraries. We loved St. Thomas, Barbados, and Aruba beaches. Any other suggestions?

Whoops, sorry should have mentioned that we had already been on the Destiny before it changed itineraries. We loved St. Thomas, Barbados, and Aruba beaches. Any other suggestions?

Hawaii...great beaches...lots of sea days.

Orient Beach in St Maarten is, without a doubt, the nicest beach I have seen anywhere, cruising or here at home. I live minutes away from some top rated beaches and have travelled a lot. Orient Beach is #1. We also liked Coki Beach in St. Thomas. Megans bay in St. Thomas is consistently top rated. We didn't go there but viewed it from Mountaintop. It is pretty. To be honest though, I've never been to a beach in the Caribbean that wasn't beautiful.

Just did the Superbowl cruise on the Liberty February 2nd. First day sea day, second day got into Puerto Rico at 5pm - did not get off ship, third day docked in St Thomas and went swimming on St John - just absolutely beautiful, next day Antigua - did the beach escape and it was great, next Tortola - went to runaway cane beach - one of the nicest beaches I have ever been to. Then another sea day and back to Ft Lauderdale.

Pretty much everywhere I have been to on the Carribean has some nice beaches.

How strange, this is the one I am kind of leaning towards. :rolleyes:

All the ports on Valor have beautiful clean beaches, Belize will be the only one that does not have beaches, you would have to take a ships excursion or the water taxi out to caulker caye but once there, it is very nice.

The beach at Costa Maya disappointed my DH and I. We took an excursion from Carnival and the sand in the water had this layer of slime on it and I was just grossed out.

Beaches in Grand Cayman looked beautiful, we saw Seven Mile beach on the way to our sting ray excursion and it looked really nice to me... ;)

IMO, if you can find a ship that goes to the Dominican Republic, those are some of the best beaches I have ever been to!!

Seven mile beach in Grand Cayman is great but crowded when alot of ships are in port. My fav beach so far has been in Cancun but you can't get there (easily) on a cruise.

I'm sorry to hear about Costa Maya - I was really looking forward to a great beach day there...

The beach at Costa Maya disappointed my DH and I. We took an excursion from Carnival and the sand in the water had this layer of slime on it and I was just grossed out.

!

What beach did the ships excursion take you to so i make sure not to go there. We payed $2pp for a taxi into towm, the water was crystal clear with no problems of slime or seaweed.

We spent the whole say laying on the hammicks and drinking Margaritas.

I feel that Costa Maya has breathtaking beaches, but you have to head south of the port--to Mahahual or further south. Grand Cayman was too crowded, Cozumel too rocky (better for snorkeling). Roatan also has beautiful beaches. I've only been to the Western Caribbean, 3 times. Need to get check out the other areas, I guess!

Check out the white sand at Costa Maya:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s61/annaschindler/Costa%20Maya%202007/mahajualbeachscene2.jpg

I think Triumph has a new itinerary this fall ....the Half Moon Cay/St Thomas,

Grand Turk and ??

Private island stops are great for beach....nothing but beach and watersports,

Grand Turk is not a "private island" but pretty much just beach/port/margeritaville etc....

spectacular beaches in St Thomas....Morningstar and Megan's Bay, Sapphire.....and if you want to go to St John it is like the picture postcard of the Carribean that you always dreamed of...IMHO

I am going western and I think it has lots to do, lots interesting, BUT it is NOT as easy to just walk off the ship and hit the beach as the Eastern routes are....I think Eastern ports are easier to just walk off and go to a beach quick and easy on your own

As an avid Western cruiser, I say DON"T go Wesstern. The beaches are good in Roatan and really good in Cayman; they are not even close to the Eastern Beaches. The nicest postcard perfect beaches and water are On St. John, Half Moon Cay and St. Martin. I would strongly vote for any that includes two out of the three. The Triumph mentioned above is fantastic for that.

I also like the beaches on a Mexican Riverea trip (Cabo, Zihnhuatinaho (?)) but the water is colder.

The southern cruises aren't what you are looking for as they have too many sea days. The only incredible beaches I have seen in the Western Caribbean is in Cancuna and Playa Del Carmen; very few cruises stop there.

If you go to the ones I recommend and are dissapointed, I will refund this post!

PS - I lived in Hawaii and I am sure Bora Bora is nice but you said price was a factor and should be!

I like the Eastern cruise for the Glory. I love the beaches of St. Thomas & St. Marteen and you get 3 sea days, too. I could do without Nassau but I treat that as another sea day.

If I just really wanted a beach, then I'd do a land vacation in St. Lucia or Tahiti personally. Why bother cruising at all?? :) :) A nice relaxing All Inclusive where I never had to leave the sand for an entire week!!

I think Triumph has a new itinerary this fall ....the Half Moon Cay/St Thomas,

Grand Turk and ??

San Juan is the fourth port and Triumph starts this new itinerary next month. We'll be doing this one in June and are really looking forward to it.

If I just really wanted a beach, then I'd do a land vacation in St. Lucia or Tahiti personally. Why bother cruising at all?? A nice relaxing All Inclusive where I never had to leave the sand for an entire week!!
Why bother cruising at all? Because we get the best of both worlds! We get to go to nice beaches -- on several different islands (not just in one place) AND we get to enjoy them while cruising!! For us, the ports are always secondary to the ship and the cruise experience, but it is nice to go somewhere new once in a while.

We're booked on the Triumph July 14. Really looking forward to the 4 ports of Half Moon Cay, San Juan, St. Thomas and Grand Turk. Lots of beach time and watersports. Last time in St. Thomas took the Leyland Snead to St John's Trunk Bay - Beautiful, beautiful. It was a RCI cruise - dont' see this excursion on the Carnival excursion website.

Last time in St. Thomas took the Leyland Snead to St John's Trunk Bay - Beautiful, beautiful. It was a RCI cruise - dont' see this excursion on the Carnival excursion website.

We did that a few years ago while on Enchantment of the Seas and really enjoyed it. I think this time we are going to do the St. John Champagne Catamaran Sailaway. It's early enough in the day so that we'll have plenty of time in St. Thomas afterwards. I love that we don't leave ST until 8:00 p.m.!

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

Destiny has the most ports with NO sea days I believe. Or maybe one day at sea.

I am a loyal Carnivalian.:eek: New word, I just made it up. Will be listed by Webster in its 2009 Dictionary.

Anyway, to be honest, RCCL had(has) a 7 day cruise out of Miami that also has only one or two sea days. It hit a port every day. (Haiti, Jamaica, Cayman, Cozumel and maybe another island). It used to be the Voyager of the Seas and now I believe it is the Mariner of the Seas. However, it was quite sedate and the sleep was basically asleep by 11:00 each night.

Port extensive cruises are exhausting. Although I love them the best.:p

Archived