Dealing with TA - Question

Classynfun1

I will say that I haven't had the best of luck with my TA. When I recently noticed a price drop (that has since went back up), I called and left messages and couldn't get a call back from him to get the OBC. Another story, but it shows what I'm dealing with.

Anyway, we have found a cabin on the same deck we are on, that we would much rather have than the deck we have. We orginally booked a gurantee and just kind of got what we expected. So here is my question. should my TA be able to ask for our assigned room to change within the same category? Ie, should he be able to call Carnival and just switch it over?

Thanks so much for your guidance!

I will say that I haven't had the best of luck with my TA. When I recently noticed a price drop (that has since went back up), I called and left messages and couldn't get a call back from him to get the OBC. Another story, but it shows what I'm dealing with.

Anyway, we have found a cabin on the same deck we are on, that we would much rather have than the deck we have. We orginally booked a gurantee and just kind of got what we expected. So here is my question. should my TA be able to ask for our assigned room to change within the same category? Ie, should he be able to call Carnival and just switch it over?

Thanks so much for your guidance!

YEP...

should my TA be able to ask for our assigned room to change within the same category? Ie, should he be able to call Carnival and just switch it over?

!

Yes, your TA is able to Call Carnival and ask anything, if the Cabin is still available, it should be no problem.

I don't think it's that simple. If I am understanding you correctly, you booked a GTY and you now know what room you have. Or did you change your reservation to an assigned room? If you booked a 4a GTY, for example, and the cabin you want is 4a, and the current price for a 4a assigned is equal to, or less than, what you paid, then you should be able to switch. The guarantee cabins are cheaper bcuz they can assign you to a cabin to suit their needs. Just bcuz you know what your cabin is does not mean you can pick whichever one you want. If you booked a GTY and now want to change to an assigned room, then you would have to pay what the current price is for an assigned room within that category.

That's not always true.....twice we've booked 8A guarantee, got our cabin assignment and were able to switch to 8C extended without paying anything more.

Plus if they are a past guest they can change and request the dp3 discount..

Archived