Quickest way to check cabin availability?

:eek::cool: Is there a quicker way to check specific cabin availability other than calling RCL's 800 number? I like to pick my cabin, and when it is not available, I like to keep checking for cancellations and openings. There seems to be no way to do that from their website... it keeps giving me the same 5 cabins to choose from. I have put myself on the waitlist for the cabin I want, but I would rather just check it myself. Am I missing something, or do I just have to keep calling?

Go to the RCI website, pick a cruise. Then click "RESERVE" this cruise. Go through the reservation process and select the stateroom category of your choice. It will then give you the option to pick your stateroom # based upon location. (Shows what is available)

At no time do you have to log in or commit to purchase until the end of the process. You then "X" out.

Also, if you have an account, don't sign in when just looking around.

I have changed our stateroom category and location 3 times on the website for our June cruise. Better locations come available due to cancellations.

I have foung that Travelocity.com shows all available cabins, one category at a time. You search by ship and departure date

Hope this helps.

Jill

Travelocity actually only shows up to 8 available cabins at a time (per category).

If you want more choices, call RCCL. Not all available cabins are shown on the travel sites or the RCCL site.
Immn has it right. Only RCL knows all the cabins that are available and they do not publish the information.

:eek::cool: Is there a quicker way to check specific cabin availability other than calling RCL's 800 number? I like to pick my cabin, and when it is not available, I like to keep checking for cancellations and openings. There seems to be no way to do that from their website... it keeps giving me the same 5 cabins to choose from. I have put myself on the waitlist for the cabin I want, but I would rather just check it myself. Am I missing something, or do I just have to keep calling?

www.rccl.com You can also call RCCL but I've found usually they will show the same available as on the website. You can just keep checking everyday to see if new ones open up from cancellations. Also check other deck levels by clicking tab up on top. Sometimes people miss that. Usually there are cabins on a couple of different decks. If you are looking at the Family Suite or Family Ocean View suites you must call to check if they are available as you can't book them on the website. If you have it on a waitlist it may not even appear on the website and they'll just notify you if it comes available. I would think that's how they would do it or someone else would book it. :o

This is one area where booking online at the Celebrity website has a BIG advantage. Their site allows you to type in a specific cabin number to check for availability. I hope that since RCCL and X are in the same family RCCL will someday change their website to allow us to do this. Pretty please?!?!?!?! We all promise to stop changing our cabin numbers so often if you'll just let us get at the ones we're trying to book. :D

Cheryl

This is one area where booking online at the Celebrity website has a BIG advantage. Their site allows you to type in a specific cabin number to check for availability. I hope that since RCCL and X are in the same family RCCL will someday change their website to allow us to do this. Pretty please?!?!?!?! We all promise to stop changing our cabin numbers so often if you'll just let us get at the ones we're trying to book. :D

Cheryl

Now that would just be wonderful...of course it's too simple, it'll never work!;)

I use expedia because they show dots flashing of all available cabins on each deck. It's shown on the actual floor plan and I've seen a lot of dots flashing at once in the past. I admit I haven't checked there in a few months. Every once in a while on some ships, the dots were off the deck, but the room numbers were still listed. More than the RCI 5 or the travelocity 8.

You can find other cabins to a degree at the RCI site. Select a room as if you are going to book it, then start a new reservation and it forces it to offer you another cabin since the one you picked is held for a certain amount of minutes - how many? I don't know. If you have multiple computers in your home, get everyone to "hold" a room. :) But really expedia is easier. They may also have their limit as to what they show though.

I checked my upcoming carnival cruise and it showed 10 cabins which aren't shown at the Carnival site. I checked some other random cruises and can get up to 10 cabins. I never see that many cabins at RCI or Carnival.

Have you really seen as many as 7 cabins in any one category at RCI? I never see more than 5.

Immn & Whogo....are quite correct. Only certain blocked cabins are posted on the web. If you want to know of others available, than what you see on the web....call RCCL. Like our cruise coming up in April....what I see on the web just so happens to ONLY be exactly what is available to book when I called. This will happen sometimes, so don't be discouraged if RCCL gives you exactly what you see online.

One day I was checking online and low and behold a cabin I wanted popped up available. i called my TA and she changed it from what I had originally booked. It takes perseverance by staying on top of looking several times a day.

Calling them directly is the FASTEST way! Dial the phone, they answer, you ask, they tell! Easy!

They answer? ;)

I tend to be put on hold for a while. Meanwhile I keep on looking things up on line while I wait and wait. :)

I checked the December 1, 2007 Legend of the Seas transatlantic.

If I understand correctly - just for clarification - you mean you checked on expedia and found 7 cabins. If I check the same date at RCI, there are no more than 5 cabins in any one category - sometimes less than 5. That means you ARE seeing something you don't see at other sites - specifically you are seeing what you can't see at RCI....more cabins.

At least thats what comes up on my computer.

Now whether or not there are only 7 cabins available, that's the big question. But I have seen the cabin I wanted at expedia and not at RCI and called and asked specifically for the cabin I found on expedia's site and gotten it with no problem even though it didn't show at RCI.

I've noticed that Carnival will also allow a specific cabin request that is not showing in their selection - subject to availability. So, if it's available and not showing, then I guess they aren't showing everything they have left either.

When I made my Carnival reservation by phone, I had the cabin selection pulled up at the Carnival site and asked the rep which cabins were available. All she had were the same cabins I had showing on my screen. But at least Carnival shows more than the not so adequate 5 shown by RCI.

It would seem that Expedia shows more cabins than RCL does. Prices were higher on Expedia and they add a $15 booking fee. I find that unacceptable. But the big question now is whether the agents at RCL can provide rooms by phone that you can not find on the RCL website.

I always wonder why anyone would pay the $15 booking fee for something they can get direct from RCI.

On my next Enchantment cruise the same interior rooms kept showing up on the same side of the ship. Sometimes the cabin numbers would vary depending on when I looked but always on the back half of the port side. Since I had the starboard corner aft, I wanted the girls to be on my side of the ship. Finally, after weeks of checking I did what cb at sea said to do - I called them. Yes, I was on hold for a while before I got an agent. But I asked if they had anything closer to me since I didn't want the girls on the other side of the ship. He asked if I'd like the cabin at the end of the starboard hall - just steps away from me. Well, yea!! I'll never understand why RCI has to keep showing the same 5 rooms over and over - or rotate through the same group of rooms in one area of the ship instead of showing at least a nice selection from different areas.

So, yes. They did have other rooms. I just had to pick up the phone and patiently wait for them to answer.

Normally I just find what I want on line. That's how I found the aft. When I got my corner aft - there were only 5 cabins showing - all aft. Is that weird, or what?

I'll never understand why RCI has to keep showing the same 5 rooms over and over - or rotate through the same group of rooms in one area of the ship instead of showing at least a nice selection from different areas.
They feel it is proprietary information. It would adversely affect their business to llet the public and competitors see how well or poorly a cruise is selling.

Archived