price drops on Princess website

karen of PA

Last night I checked the Princess website and our cruise price had dropped over one hundred dollars. I e-mailed our travel agent about the price going down but this morning the price went up two hundred dollars. How do you get a refund from your TA if the price fluctuates so quickly?

Karen of PA

Unless the TA calls for you when the price is lowered, you can't do anything. Especially if you see the price raised now - it could have been an error. If you are able to, you should call your TA when you see a price drop, not rely on e-mail for a speedy response.

Keep an eye on the prices, though, you may see them drop again.

Last night I checked the Princess website and our cruise price had dropped over one hundred dollars. I e-mailed our travel agent about the price going down but this morning the price went up two hundred dollars. How do you get a refund from your TA if the price fluctuates so quickly?

Karen of PA

You find an agent who works Saturday nights......

If my agent doesn't have fantastic group prices, I often book directly with Princess and then before final payment, transfer the booking to my agent. She then can put it in her group space and I can get group amenities and she can discount the price Princess gives me. This also allows me to call Princess on Saturday night if the price goes down and get the price reduction.

You find an agent who works Saturday nights......

If my agent doesn't have fantastic group prices, I often book directly with Princess and then before final payment, transfer the booking to my agent. She then can put it in her group space and I can get group amenities and she can discount the price Princess gives me. This also allows me to call Princess on Saturday night if the price goes down and get the price reduction.

That's a good idea. The best of both worlds. You are always in control.

This is why I book direct as well. I like to be able to manipulate my own booking. I got tired of hearing customer service tell me I had to have my agent do it. The last two times now I booked myself and was very happy when rates went down I immediately got the lower rates. They bottomed out at 899 for a BA category before going back up and I snagged it. Had I waited on an agent to do it, the rate and cabin would have been gone. I do wish there were some perks to booking your own through Princess though. Tradeoffs. In the end I am happy though.

unfortunately our agent does not work Sat.nights either.

maybe I will book directly with Princess next time and then transfer the booking.

at present my cabin category for my sailing has gone up by three hundred dollars--not down, but up. groan.:(

I guess you really should check all the time.

any ideas why certain cruises have price drops?

Archived