Paul Gauguin, September 1, 2007

I know it is six months to sailing but our excitment is starting to build in the anticipation of our return to FP. Anyone joining us on this sailing?

I think I read somewhere "fireflytx" is celebrating a brithday of this cruise.

If so welcome aboard!

Manuia, Richard

Hi Richard,

We'll be joining you on this cruise as well. We're flying in from Germany the day before (after 24 hrs of flying) so I hope it will be worth it !

I've been reading the threads on the Pacific Islands board, am am not sure if it is best to book our tours indipendantly, or go with Regents. We're not fans of big groups on tours, and are quite happy to make our own arrangements. As it looks like you've done this before, what are your thoughts ?

Greetings Koalabear, welcome aboard.

Indeed 24 hrs of flying is difficult for everyone. (9 hrs for us from California) But this cruise and FP will definitely be worth it, I'll personally guarantee it. As far as booking tours independantly,there has been endless discussion on this site about this subject. Personally we perfer to go with Regents qualified agents. Big groups are nonexistence on this cruise. Remenber there is only 330 passengers.

Manuia,Richard

• 3 weeks later...

You haven't exactly been swamped with replies , Richard ..so I will at least give you a half chance of another customer.. :o

We have just waitlisted the PG for a Balcony Cabin on this cruise.

Plenty of Picture ( large ...very large said the regent rep .. :rolleyes: ) window cabins available .. but ...we are two of "them" .

Them that make the ship aircon struggle as we sleep blissfully with the wind and the sound of the sea coming in our wide open doorway....... so it's a bacony or no cigar .. here's hoping.

Balcony indeed "tgh", a must for us.

Morning coffee, sunset cocktails, sun in the buff.

Good luck "tgh" with your search!

Sounds like we our sailing on a empty ship.

When we booked six months ago, our agents stated that there

was only 2 balcony rooms left.

Manuia, Richard

Koala, I agree with others--Regent does a good job of excursions on the PG, and they are priced competitively. We've never bothered with private. Most involve some kind of boat or jeep, which limits the size. The exception is the odd bus tour, but they are usually small buses as well.

• 1 month later...
I know it is six months to sailing but our excitment is starting to build in the anticipation of our return to FP. Anyone joining us on this sailing?

I think I read somewhere "fireflytx" is celebrating a brithday of this cruise.

If so welcome aboard!

Manuia, Richard

Yes, I AM celebrating my 50th on this cruise.... I was stunned by your posting... we too are anxiously awaiting our departure.... I think it is going to be amazing, let's start communicating and plan this along waited journey!

Ricki and Don Smith

We've been on the PG twice in a window cabin and were quite happy with it. We enjoyed many breakfasts on the deck outside La Veranda. And room service breakfast worked fine for the mornings that we had early excursions - agreed, a balcony would have been nicer but I got beautiful pearls with the money saved on our cabin!

I've attached a photo that does give you an idea of the size of the window. The drapes are closed but the window is about the full size of the area covered by the drapes. (The picture was taken our first afternoon on the ship. I think I was tired from unpacking. I don't look very happy but that sure changed over the next 14 days!)

1186286476_windowofPGcabin.jpg.9be58bd88a197b3951bcb7f025a107a4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Mr. & Mrs. Smith goes to Tahiti !!!!!!!!

Welcome Aboard!

More soon!

We just got back from Maui

Richard

WOO HOO... and we can't wait.... have to get #1 daughter graduated this week.... then a quickie cruise to the MR..... then back home to work out and get those "gods and goddess" bods back... yeah right :rolleyes: .. btw... we LOVE Maui... especially Lahaina and Kaanapali, Hana, etc....

*IT'S MY BIRTHDAY AND I'll PARTY IF I WANT TO, PARTY IF I WANT TO.. YOU WOULD PARTY TO IF 50 WERE ATTACKING YOU TOO... boop be boopboop boop!* (sung to It's my Party by Leslie Gore ):D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Friends!!

Actually, Ricki turned <gasp> **50** on June 3 of this year, BUT.... my DH planned this trip in my honor... it was this or a big honking diamond.... personally, I'd rather travel AND check out the black pearls.. hee hee:D ..I'm no dummy.... SO... Everyone... it's my 50th birthday YEAR.... I plan on celebrating on the PG... <you GO Richard :D > Let's plan a FABBY sailaway... sound good to anyone else?? We're together for two weeks, so we HAVE to do a party of some sorts. Our DD is graduated and "away with you to college my pretty"...yippee... redecorating to come!!! <I really do love her and it will be hard to move her away> BUT.... we'll adjust ;) . Let's keep in touch.... my personal email is:

cruisinfirefly@aol.com

feel free to email me!!!! Ricki Smith

So everyone has paid and the waitlist is down to ... 2

Reckon our chances of two more dropping out are pretty fair .. but won't be booking any airplane tikits just yet..

fingers crossed .. ;)

So everyone has paid and the waitlist is down to ... 2

Reckon our chances of two more dropping out are pretty fair .. but won't be booking any airplane tikits just yet..

fingers crossed .. ;)

Best of luck to you.... I hope all works out... please let us all know. Tickets are there to be had...

Ricki

• 2 weeks later...

After some ducks and drakes and quite a bit of angst .. we are now confirmed in a "D" cabin .. and hanging out for a balcony.

We were poorly informed by the Australian rep for Regent and had waitlisted for a Category C for the past fourteen weeks without being told that folks who booked a D cabin got priority for a balcony upgrade.. so the past fourteen weeks of waitlisting with the agent holding our money has been a complete waste of time... "Caveat Emptor"

You will pick us by the accent .. we can't hide.. ;) see you all aboard.

Ummm .. I maybe should have been more precise.

When we booked the requested C cabins we were advised that there were none available but we could waitlist.. so thats just what we did.. AND paid a deposit based on the full retail price of the cabin.

As it turns out we could/should have been advised at that time to also book a 'D' cabin to ensure priority for Upgrade.

I assume that better informed US based clients did just that and probably achieved their preferred cabin when the final payments came due.

Even last week the AUS Regent agent was quoting our ta full retail for 'C' cabins when the regent website was still offering the discount. So our current invoice lists the 'D' cabin at the discounted rate .. and the waitlisted 'C' cabin at the full retail.

This business model seems like creative marketing to describe it kindly.

Princess are flooding the Australian market with capacity next season..

Hopefully the need to survive will improve the "game" of the Australian Regent Agent.:(

All just small irritations that won't spoil our cruise at all...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Richard,

Computer up and running , yes I did receive your email, sorry I didn't answer, we took a week to do some diving in Cozumel... wonderful weather!! Yes we are counting down... have to get # 1 daughter to college on the 23 & 24th... then WE ARE FREE :D ... yippee.. I'll email you.

Ricki

Archived