Early or Late Dining on 3day

As a 1st timer do I want early or late dining for a 3 day cruise? It hit me I may want late because of excursions & giving us unwind time after getting back. Any thoughts on either?

I always choose late seating for the reasons you state. I don't feel like I have to rush when returning from a port to get ready for dinner. I like to relax and enjoy the outdoors as much as possible, and if it's a port intensive cruise, a pre-dinner nap is essential!

Pick whichever time is closet to when you eat at home! Your tummy will thank you! You will have no need to "rush" after a port day--you don't need to stay ashore the entire time, you know! Come back to the ship about 1 hour before she sails, and you will have PLENTY of time to nap and dress, if you're picking main seating. 2nd seating won't end until about 10-10:30...depending on how fast you and your tablemates eat!

we had the late for the same reasons as already posted. you don't have to hurry back to the ship for either lunch or dinner. will choose late in the future. One bad thing about late that we didn't realize until after our cruise was over was that due to late we didn't get to see the sunset. Looking back now it is a bummer but I still prefer late.

Archived