Compared to other smaller luxury ships?

Scoob11

We took a SeaDream cruise once and were generally very pleased. We're now planning a trip to the Mediterranean and are exploring whether we should try other small luxury line for a somewhat different experience -- Windstar, Regent, Silversea, Seabourn, etc. Anyone with comparison points between SeaDream (which we know) and any of the others? We'd be traveling as a couple (mid-40's) without kids.

We took a SeaDream cruise once and were generally very pleased. We're now planning a trip to the Mediterranean and are exploring whether we should try other small luxury line for a somewhat different experience -- Windstar, Regent, Silversea, Seabourn, etc. Anyone with comparison points between SeaDream (which we know) and any of the others? We'd be traveling as a couple (mid-40's) without kids.

To me, Windstar is not a luxury experience. Regent is great - but more formal and much larger, Silverseas is WAY too big and way too formal for me - and I thought the food and service was not the best of the luxury lines, and Seabourn is a bit larger but once again more formal and regimented.

I loved using SeaDream for the Med ( Nice to Rome ) because we got into the little ports that they other's either couldn't fit or would overwhelm by the passenger load if they did fit - places like Portofino and Positano. Much better accessed from the ocean directly into the port than as a shore excursion which many of the larger luxury liners have to do. I love the top-side dining - and I loved when they had the water sports available on SeaDream. It just seemed like a perfect way to do the Med.

Archived