Royal Palms v. Sea Grape

KKB

Anyone been to both and can compare? I would be happy to hear from people who have been to one, but that comparison is always so helpful!

I was leaning toward Royal Palms as it is closer to pier, and I read Sea Grape is awfully busy. BUT then I read the Public v. Sea Grape thread, and someone there said after seeing a posters pics of Sea Grape they were scrapping Royal Palms for Sea Grape. I AM SO CONFUSED!

We want chairs w/ umbrellas (prefer free, but willing to pay a small fee), nearby bar/restaurant, & clean changing facilities. We would prefer wait service on the beach as we have at Paradise Beach in Cozumel, but it's certainly not a deal breaker.

:cool: Sea Grape - Hands Down... Great location, was not at all busy the day we were in port (With 4 other Ships) Awesome service and great, clean facilities. Give it a try if you get the chance. I have heard though that Carnival now has a excursion to this beach - so it may get a little hectic there. The main difference is Royal Palms is mainly free access and Sea Grapes is pay access. We will most likely be heading back there when we sail in a couple of weeks.

:cool: Sea Grape - Hands Down... Great location, was not at all busy the day we were in port (With 4 other Ships) Awesome service and great, clean facilities. Give it a try if you get the chance. I have heard though that Carnival now has a excursion to this beach - so it may get a little hectic there. The main difference is Royal Palms is mainly free access and Sea Grapes is pay access. We will most likely be heading back there when we sail in a couple of weeks.

How much are *things* there (chair, umbrella, etc.)?

GP

Wish I could compare - will have to go back to do that! ;) Here's my mini-review of Royal Palms with a few comments from others who have experienced it...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=513079

In a nut shell, I would love to find a beach that is more "resort" like - most places we visited catered to cruise passengers. Not necessarily a bad thing, but not *my* favorite type of beach day.

• 4 weeks later...

Carnival is getting $29 per person for Sea Grape. But does that make any sense considering you can take a cab there for $4 per person? Last year, we were on RCCL Enchantment and took a cab there after an excursion and then took a bus back to town. With four in my family, I don't get what I'd be spending $116 on other than a couple drinks. Sea Grape is nice but I don't see how it's an "excursion".

Archived