Europe on the Splendour

Anyone out there planning on the Mediterranean this summer. We are considering the Splendor of the Seas on June 23rd for 7 night greek isles, croatia and turkey. Would like any comments or suggestions. Will be doing a 5 day pre stay. Not sure where yet.

My wife and I are going on the Splendour May 12, we leave out of Venice for seven days. We will be staying in Venice for three days prior to our cruise. I will post a msg when we return which will be around the 20th of May.countdown.pl?name=tkerwin&date=5-12-2007&image=vfin&text=Headed for a Good Time&ship=Splendour of the Seas

Anyone out there planning on the Mediterranean this summer. We are considering the Splendor of the Seas on June 23rd for 7 night greek isles, croatia and turkey. Would like any comments or suggestions. Will be doing a 5 day pre stay. Not sure where yet.

Just a few thoughts - we did Splendour last season:

Venice is $$$$$$$$$$$ but worth every $

All of the ports are very safe, clean, and ready for you. Relax and enjoy.

The flight is long......dress very comfortable. Drink plenty of water and walk around every hour.

You may have to carry / drag your bags a considerable distance between bag claim and transportation. There were NO porters at Venice when we arrived.

5 days really isn't much considering all of the sights and history and culture in the area........do your home work and plan you rest carefully.

Would do it all again in a second. Have a great time.

We did the Splendor last fall and agree with the previous poster, Venice is expensive but worth the stay. It's a very intensive cruise and you can do as many excursions as you want or go and wonder the ports on your own and feel safe doing so. Out of all the ports I would love to return to Croatia it was a beautiful county and the people were wonderful. Athens was just a big city. Rhodes and Mykonos were great too. You will have to lug your bags in Venice and you will get used to sound of luggage being dragged thru the city. Enjoy your cruise it's a great ship and we considered it on par with our Alaska cruise for fun and once in a lifetime type trip.

Archived