Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

We also arrive around 11 - sometimes a little earlier. The only time this was a problem was in Galveston when there was a long delay. We arrived around 10:45 and didn't board until after 2. My kids were starving and cranky and it was no fun at all. Any other time I would have had a bag full of snacks - but not when were about to go on a cruise! I think these situations are the exception, though, and we will be at the terminal by 11 for our cruise in September, hoping to be among the first on the ship as usual.

as of the last three sailing, boarding has started about 11:45 - 12:00, due to a delay in debarkation. Lunch is being served on the Lido Deck starting about 11:30. Cabins ready about 1:30. See U on Sat.

as of the last three sailing, boarding has started about 11:45 - 12:00, due to a delay in debarkation. Lunch is being served on the Lido Deck starting about 11:30. Cabins ready about 1:30. See U on Sat.

Robert,

Where in the terminal are you working now? I will be there Sept 17th.

Dave

I need some information & advice concerning transportation.

Will be flying into NOLA 8/19, staying at the Wyndham Riverside overnight, then sailing on the Fantasy 8/20.

There are 4 of us & are wondering about transportation from the airport to the hotel, then to the port & back to the airport.

The Airport Shuttle ($26 pp each way) can take us from the airport to the hotel and then pick us up at the port & return us to the airport. They have coaches at the port they said. I am wondering how practical & efficient this is with disembarkment; we have a 12:30 flight.

How far is the hotel from the port, is a taxi the best mode for this?

Are we allowed to take bottled water & cans of soda onboard the Fantasy?

If so, is there a place near the Wyndham Riverside hotel to get such items?

Is our hotel within walking distance to the French Quarter?

Is there a laundry facility available on the Fantasy; if so does anyone know where it is located, the cost of the machines & the number of machines?

All recommedations are greatly appreciated.

Rhonda

I need some information & advice concerning transportation.

Will be flying into NOLA 8/19, staying at the Wyndham Riverside overnight, then sailing on the Fantasy 8/20.

There are 4 of us & are wondering about transportation from the airport to the hotel, then to the port & back to the airport.

The Airport Shuttle ($26 pp each way) can take us from the airport to the hotel and then pick us up at the port & return us to the airport. They have coaches at the port they said. I am wondering how practical & efficient this is with disembarkment; we have a 12:30 flight.

You should be okay as far as time. It all depends on if you are doing self-assist or turning your luggage in.

How far is the hotel from the port, is a taxi the best mode for this?

The port is just a couple of blocks from the hotel. It is within walking distance if you feel like toting your luggage

Are we allowed to take bottled water & cans of soda onboard the Fantasy?

If so, is there a place near the Wyndham Riverside hotel to get such items?

You are allowed a small amount. There are a couple of stores nearby on Canal St.

Is our hotel within walking distance to the French Quarter?

It about 8-10 blocks away to Bourbon St. You can also take the Canal St streetcar.

Is there a laundry facility available on the Fantasy; if so does anyone know where it is located, the cost of the machines & the number of machines?

Never have used it but there is suppose to be one on each deck with rooms

All recommedations are greatly appreciated.

Rhonda

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=701%20Convention%20Center%20Blvd&city=New%20Orleans&state=LA&zipcode=70130%2d1655&country=US&geodiff=1#south

Dave

Jetskier,

Thank you for the info.

Hope you don't mind a couple more questions....

Which is best, self-assist or not? We are 2 women w/2 children, 9 & 12?

Are you familiar with the Airport Shuttle, is it a good choice, do you think?

What time would you recommend we arrive at the port? I have read most seem to get there between 11 - 12. Do you normally get on pretty quickly arriving around 11?

It looks like you enjoy the Fantasy, I am looking forward to it.

Thank you again for your help

Rhonda

Jetskier,

Thank you for the info.

Hope you don't mind a couple more questions....

Which is best, self-assist or not? We are 2 women w/2 children, 9 & 12?

Are you familiar with the Airport Shuttle, is it a good choice, do you think?

What time would you recommend we arrive at the port? I have read most seem to get there between 11 - 12. Do you normally get on pretty quickly arriving around 11?

It looks like you enjoy the Fantasy, I am looking forward to it.

Thank you again for your help

Rhonda

Hi Rhonda,

Self-assist.........it would depend on how much luggage you bring. I bring a spare backpack so that I can fill it with stuff that might overflow from the regular suitcases, i.e., liquor purchases, gifts, etc. With it on your back, it is easier to get around then lugging another suitcase.

Not familiar with the airport shuttles as I drive to the port for my cruises. I normally arrive around 11 and am onboard from 11:30 to 12pm.

Dave

Rowan555, I see your sig says you're cruising the Fantasy on 10/08 "after the Refurb." Does it have another refurb scheduled? I thought it was finished. Is it actually dry docking? If so, when?

We have a family of 14 trip scheduled for 9/20/08. I have a feeling its BEFORE the refurb. That's what happened with the Inspiration. Booked the best price EVER and found out I got a deal b/c it was just about to dry dock! That's ok...plan to enjoy my cruise anyhow!:p

Rowan555, I see your sig says you're cruising the Fantasy on 10/08 "after the Refurb." Does it have another refurb scheduled? I thought it was finished. Is it actually dry docking? If so, when?

We have a family of 14 trip scheduled for 9/20/08. I have a feeling its BEFORE the refurb. That's what happened with the Inspiration. Booked the best price EVER and found out I got a deal b/c it was just about to dry dock! That's ok...plan to enjoy my cruise anyhow!:p

I think it's going to be refurbished at the end of September, so you're right - I'm sorry! I think the first cruise after refurb is the 27th, but I'm not positive. I wanted to book that one, but my PVP strongly encouraged me to wait a few weeks in case there were any problems with the refurb, things they'd still be working on that first week back out, etc.

I know they're replacing all the staterooms - the new ones will have flatscreen tvs and marble vanities in the bathrooms, among other things. There will also be a new kids' water play area with the water squirting from the ground and other neat things I know my kids will really enjoy.

My hope is that we get a new ship by early 2009 - but I want to do the Fantasy after the refurb b/c it will feel a bit like a new ship with all the changes and additions. Frankly, I adore it the way it is. But that will be our 5th time on her, so change will be great.

We're sailing Saturday and I've been reading that it's good to arrive at the dock around 11-11:30, but my ticket packet says embarkation begins at 1:30. So.. which is it? Anyone gone recently?

thanks!

Deanna

I was confused about this too. According to the documents, they are asking us to please not come any earlier. It says earliest is 130 and latest is 300

Back in August when I was on the Fantasy ship I went with my 2 kids and all of our portfolio accounts were on one statement .

I was surprised when the S&S statement was not on the TV stations like had been posted on the other boards.

Which was OK , because I just checked in with the Pursers desk to check on my kids' account onboard .

Now my question is :

In October I am sailing with my sister & another friend, all in the same cabin.

I have told them to each have their credit cards ready for check in , for their S&S accounts.

Now are the S&S accounts going to be able to be printed out seperately for each of us ... :)

or are we going to need to bring a calculator and figure it out ourselves ?:confused:

Hope that someone can answer this for me .

Thanks

:cool:

Back in August when I was on the Fantasy ship I went with my 2 kids and all of our portfolio accounts were on one statement .

I was surprised when the S&S statement was not on the TV stations like had been posted on the other boards.

Which was OK , because I just checked in with the Pursers desk to check on my kids' account onboard .

Now my question is :

I have told them to each have their credit cards ready for check in , for their S&S accounts.

Now are the S&S accounts going to be able to be printed out seperately for each of us ... :)

or are we going to need to bring a calculator and figure it out ourselves ?:confused:

Thanks

I have read on here a few times that when you check in, if you want to have seperate Sail & Sign Accounts, have them fill out seperate S&S Forms and have their CC ready. So it should not be a problem, hopefully someone will answer who has actually done this before and can verify. Hey, if this is your birthday cruise, shouldn't they all just be treating you anyway? ;) HAVE FUN!

I was confused about this too. According to the documents, they are asking us to please not come any earlier. It says earliest is 130 and latest is 300

You have to realize that they are trying to get 1,000's of people off the ship in a short period of time before people start arriving. And if the debark from the previous cruise gets delayed...it can be a mess in the parking garage and around the terminal.

This is the reasoning behind their request. But it is just a request. As long as everyone does not show up at 9AM....things will be fine!!

Now my question is :

Thanks

It should be three seperate statements as the end amount on the statement is what is going to be charged to the credit card.

Dave

I think it's going to be refurbished at the end of September, so you're right - I'm sorry! I think the first cruise after refurb is the 27th, but I'm not positive. I wanted to book that one, but my PVP strongly encouraged me to wait a few weeks in case there were any problems with the refurb, things they'd still be working on that first week back out, etc.

I know they're replacing all the staterooms - the new ones will have flatscreen tvs and marble vanities in the bathrooms, among other things. There will also be a new kids' water play area with the water squirting from the ground and other neat things I know my kids will really enjoy.

My hope is that we get a new ship by early 2009 - but I want to do the Fantasy after the refurb b/c it will feel a bit like a new ship with all the changes and additions. Frankly, I adore it the way it is. But that will be our 5th time on her, so change will be great.

Actually, I did a little research on this myself. There is a 5 night cruise on 9/1/2008 and 9/20/2008 with nothing in between! Looks like the refurb is scheduled from 9/6 thru 9/19. So I AM actually booked for the first sail after refurb. Woohoo! And if something happens and they have to cancel, I'm sure my group of 14 won't be too upset with a rebooking at half price and maybe a little OBC.

Actually, I did a little research on this myself. There is a 5 night cruise on 9/1/2008 and 9/20/2008 with nothing in between! Looks like the refurb is scheduled from 9/6 thru 9/19. So I AM actually booked for the first sail after refurb. Woohoo! And if something happens and they have to cancel, I'm sure my group of 14 won't be too upset with a rebooking at half price and maybe a little OBC.

I was on the Rhapsody after the refurb and so watching the folks who came back to see what changes were etc. They were not happy campers and were not offered OBC. The buffet was pretty much closed the whole week and opened in another place on the ship but not the same. They had been moving the drink station and didnt finish in time but didnt cancel the next cruise. Others had all kinds of other problems, electrical, water cut off at night for hours without notice, elevators not working, you name it. Obviously that ship should have been left in dry dock another week. There were some pretty unhappy campers who even went to some site where you can post complaints they were so upset.

Not the same cruise line, but Im always a little nervous being the first cruise after a dry dock. Im the 2nd cruise after the Disney Magic dry docks next year.

Firefly333,

I had just the opposite happen when the NCL Sun came out of drydock. We were on its first sailing this past Jan 23rd. Everything was great on her. The only thing was the carpet dust bunnies because of the new carpet. They were constantly cleaning up the floors and hallways.

With that said, when the Sensation came out of drydock, it failed the Coast Guard inspection and caused about an eight hour delay at the port as they tried to get the fire doors fixed. There were a couple of complaints about the water quality.

Dave

We were on the first sailing after drydock when the Holiday came to Mobile after housing the Katrina people. I don't use the hot tubs but I remember someone posting on CC about the one of the hot tubs not working. From what I saw everything else about the ship was perfect.

I'm sure it will be fine. But as much as I wanted to be on that first sailing, I figured better safe than sorry. If I already had that first sailing after drydock booked, I don't think I would change it. It's pretty exciting to be the FIRST people to use a new stateroom. Or maybe I'm just easily excited ;)

I have read on here a few times that when you check in, if you want to have seperate Sail & Sign Accounts, have them fill out seperate S&S Forms and have their CC ready. So it should not be a problem, hopefully someone will answer who has actually done this before and can verify. Hey, if this is your birthday cruise, shouldn't they all just be treating you anyway? ;) HAVE FUN!

Oh how I wish ! LOL

I highly doubt that though ... my sister is going through a divorce

and my other friend was barely scraping together the money to do this .

It will be their first cruise ever !

I really pushed them to go with me, but I know that they will both love it and have those memories forever to look back on...

Hopefully they will enjoy it so much , I will have willing people to go with me my next time ... ;)

But we definately plan on having a GOOD TIME !:cool:

Archived