Alcohol - Do cabin stewards care?

This is not directly related to the OP's post, but the post did get me thinking. Does the steward go through people's belongings (suitcases, drawers)? I am kind of a private person and would feel uncomfortable knowing someone is rifling through my undies!

This one I feel she did I had never did before this...she would move my stuff around take things off my counter and put in the cupboards...I was furious....:mad:

All of the flamers have been on my thread today. At 2:01 AM this morning, I posted information about my alcohol being confiscated on a cruise last week, just as a FYI. I didn't ask for advice, opinions or thoughts concerning this matter. I just looked at the post and there are now 299 replies. UNREAL!!! I think some people make up stuff just to stir the pot.....

mommatee, don't take it personally. Once a thread goes out there, it belongs to the ether. :)

All of the flamers have been on my thread today. At 2:01 AM this morning, I posted information about my alcohol being confiscated on a cruise last week, just as a FYI. I didn't ask for advice, opinions or thoughts concerning this matter. I just looked at the post and there are now 299 replies. UNREAL!!! I think some people make up stuff just to stir the pot.....

Hi mommatee, thank you again for starting your thread. Once you post the thread it becomes public domain and it stays until the mods decide enough is enough. There are a few subjects which draw out the best (and worst :)) and anything related to alcohol is one of 'em. :D When these threads show up, grab some popcorn, sit back and watch the fur fly...:)

As Carol said, do not take it personally. Most, if not all the combative people are usually more interested in sparring with those they know will "show up", not the OP.

can anyone let me know if we are sailing these sunday its's to late to call shelly from the company that delivers wine?

I would think you are OK for time, give her a call and check or send an E-mail. :)

When I called Shelly she said 5 days notice was fine so it shouldn't be any problem. I was just thinking....our steward went into one of our cabinets took out the wine and put it in a bucket of ice. What other drawers did she go through? I dont thnk they should be going through your personal things!

I was just thinking....our steward went into one of our cabinets took out the wine and put it in a bucket of ice. What other drawers did she go through? I dont thnk they should be going through your personal things!

I would agree...I didn't know if anyone else ever had the experience like I said that our steward would move the stuff off the counter and put it in the cupboards.....it did make you feel like ok where else are you looking....

But I have to say that was the only time I ever felt that way!

Archived