Breakfast/Lunch on Last Day

isettaw

I was wondering if anyone knows what type of dining services are available on the final day (disembarkation) of your cruise. Also, how long are they available, until what time? We don't fly home until the following day, so we are going to be in no rush to get off the ship. I was wondering if it is worth staying on the ship, or walking off early and using our rented car to drive somewhere else? Thanks for all your thoughts on this topic.

I was wondering if anyone knows what type of dining services are available on the final day (disembarkation) of your cruise. Also, how long are they available, until what time? We don't fly home until the following day, so we are going to be in no rush to get off the ship. I was wondering if it is worth staying on the ship, or walking off early and using our rented car to drive somewhere else? Thanks for all your thoughts on this topic.

Hi there,

Breakfast is definitely available atleast at the Horizon Food Court. We ate there before they called our color. I'm pretty sure they will want you off of the ship by noon or so, (maybe earlier). Remember, the next group of anxious cruisers are waiting to board!!

Have fun!

Thanks for the quick responses.. I knew I could depend on you guys... If the ship knows we don't have a flight until the next day, approximately what time should we expect to have our color called?

Also, any suggestions on where to spend the day in the Galveston/Houston area? We have a car for the entire day so we were looking for something fun, not to expensive, to do that day. Thanks

On the CB after the colors were called (red) that needed to get off first, the rest of the colors were called beginning on the highest deck and working down to the lowest.

So even though you don't have a pressing need to get off, if you are on a high deck you might be called early. Other ships may do this differently though. And I also don't think they will "make" you get off when you color is called. But there will come a point where everyone has to be off so they can prepare for the oncoming passengers. We were on the Caribe deck with 3 decks above us and we were scheduled to get off at 9:00 am but it actually turned out to be 9:30.

I know we were "kicked" out of the Horizon Court by around 8:30-9 so they could clean for the next passengers.

My advice would be to get off when your color is called and go somewhere and do something interesting.

Thanks for the quick responses.. I knew I could depend on you guys... If the ship knows we don't have a flight until the next day, approximately what time should we expect to have our color called?

Also, any suggestions on where to spend the day in the Galveston/Houston area? We have a car for the entire day so we were looking for something fun, not to expensive, to do that day. Thanks

NASA is very close by, if you're interested in visiting the space center.

Visit Kemah as well...also not far from NASA area. Fun place to dine, shop and watch boats come and go.

Generally the dining room and Buffet will be open on the morning of disembarkation. The dining room will probably close earlier than the buffet and the buffet will probably be closed by 9am. You will not have to leave when they call your color tag. After all the color tags are called they will make a final call and then everyone must leave the ship. The time this happens varies, but will probably occur by 11am. There is not much to do on the ship during disembarkation. Some ships have a cash only bar open. If we are waiting for the last call we like to sit up on the lido deck around the pool. We have been the last to leave the ship before and the lines were short for customs at that point. If we are driving home from the port we like to wait so it is easier disembarking. I have read on these boards that some people stay in their cabins later than the 'have to be out' time, but it seems that this would make things difficult for your cabin steward who has a lot of work to do in a short period of time getting ready for the next passengers who may be boarding as early as noon.

Good question. No lunch on disembarkation day, however breakfast is available in both the Horizon Court and the main dining room until about 0830-0900. The main dining room is usually the best bet since in my experience it is less crowded and more relaxed than the buffet.

I much prefer the dining room for the "last breakfast" -- it's much more civilized and they're aware that you're either getting off soon or waiting for your color.

As for whether lunch is available, it depends on the disembarkation port. If you're on the Grand, the last colors are usually called by 9:30 - 10AM. For some ports and itineraries, passengers can stay onboard for lunch but there aren't many of these.

I still have Patters from the Dawn (1/25-2/5/06) with the following info on disembarkation:

Dining Services

Continental Breakfast Horizon Court 4:30am to 6:00am

Breakfast Venetian Dining Room Open Sitting 6:30am to 8:30am

Buffet Breakfast Horizon Court Self-Service 6:00am to 9:00am

Please note that stateroom breakfast will not be available due to disembarkation formalities.

Bar Hours (Cash Sales Only)

LaPatisserie Bar 6:30am

Horizon Court 6:00am

Photo Gallery (Cash Sales Only) Open 7:00am to 9:30am

Internet Cafe Last day internet - smaller time plans available

We always do breakfast in the dining room on disembarkation day, the dining room closes at 8:30. It is much nicer to sit in there and relax until about 8:45 the walk right off. Other lounges are too crowded. :)

That sounds like a great idea to me. Anybody have some great places to spend the day inbetween Galveston and Houston. We are not super interested in going to NASA, so maybe something else. Thanks

Breakfast is served to those disembarking. Lunch is served to the passengers boarding the ship!
This is usually the case but not always. It depends on the disembarkation port. I've been on cruises where the disembarking passengers were still on board at 8PM but that's not going to be the case disembarking in Galveston.

Archived