open seating?

LAFUNGUY

lunch and breafast in the dining room is described as open seating...does that mean you get to sit where you want or are you placed where they choose?....on previous cruise i ended up eating with strangers which wasn't that much fun...tia

In our experiences, it has been where they chose to seat us. I once asked for a table for two for breakfast and was politely informed that none were available. There were several twos vacant but I guess they have to fill the tables as you arrive. That is why we now just go to the buffet. Mornings are not the best time for me to meet new people! LOL

lunch and breafast in the dining room is described as open seating...does that mean you get to sit where you want or are you placed where they choose?....on previous cruise i ended up eating with strangers which wasn't that much fun...tia

Nothing wrong with meeting new people. Just like meeting your tablemates for the first time.

All ships have open seating for lunch and dinner. Seating will begin on one side of the dinning room and work its way around to the other side. On some ships we have seen people request a private table such as a table for two. If one is available in the vicinity of where they are seating the request has been granted. Perhaps only some ships make this accommodation but it can't hurt to ask if that is what you prefer.

is this on all carnival ships?

Because we are assigned a time for breakfast and lunch (where you sign up for your fun pass)

Please advise - thanks

Its on all ships-- the assigned time is when the dining room is opened for Breakfast and lunch. You can go anytime during that time.

The dining room you order from a menu, it feels more like a restraunt. The buffet does have made to order omelets, but otherwise, everything is just - well buffet like, you wander around and pick food up etc.,

We usually ate up on deck, so nice to be outside etc., but we tried the dinning room once and it was good, bit more 'formal' and the food was nice and warm etc.,

.....we are assigned a time for breakfast and lunch (where you sign up for your fun pass)

Perhaps you are mistaken? I've never heard of anyone having assigned seating for b'fast or lunch.....:confused: Dinner is the only assigned seating - and it's only a request for a specific time.

so what do they offer in the dining room for lunch and breakfast that is so diff. from the buffet??? i'm just curious what the benefits would be...

Breakfast in the dining room has the same menu every day, but it's quite extensive. You can order eggs about 8 different ways, including Eggs Benedict. Plus wonderful FRESH pancakes, etc. with all kinds of sides. Everything is straight from the galley to your table, not sitting in warming pans like on the buffet.

Lunch has a different menu every day, with many delicious items from which to choose. The Mongolian Steak Salad is absolutely fantastic, and the French pastry desserts are heavenly.

I have all three meals every day in the dining room. I like to be pampered!:)

so what do they offer in the dining room for lunch and breakfast that is so diff. from the buffet??? i'm just curious what the benefits would be...

while on a cruise I like to be waited on. The buffet can get mighty crowded.. eating in the dining room I dont have to fight the crowds to eat.

The dining room is more attentive then the buffet where you have to fend for yourself.

The dining room for breakfast-especially the last morning while waiting to get off is more peaceful and relaxing when comparing to the buffet. If you are to eat breakfast at least once in the dining room-- thats the day to do it.

Perhaps you are mistaken? I've never heard of anyone having assigned seating for b'fast or lunch.....:confused: Dinner is the only assigned seating - and it's only a request for a specific time.

I am sure you are correct - I am new to carnival so I wouldn't know -

Hit this link - I think this is where I got confused - by this link it kinda looks like you have an asigned time to eat and maybe table

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dining_Room_Assigned_Seating.aspx

In our experiences, it has been where they chose to seat us. I once asked for a table for two for breakfast and was politely informed that none were available. There were several twos vacant but I guess they have to fill the tables as you arrive. That is why we now just go to the buffet. Mornings are not the best time for me to meet new people! LOL

We have never had this problem before on any ship. We prefer to spend time over a meal with each other and ask for a private table. The answer has always been "Not a problem sir."

Cheers,

Peter

Sometimes you wonder why they have to fill up the table -On our last cruise we were a party of 7. Halfway thru our bkfst they brought a single to our table. Felt kinda sorry for her since we were almost finished- COuldnt quite see the reasoning behind that

Also the eggs benedict are quite good but ask for an extra little dish of hollandaise sauce (they're a little skimpy on it)

Hit this link - I think this is where I got confused - by this link it kinda looks like you have an asigned time to eat and maybe table

thats only for dinner. You request a time with your agent.. for dinner you find out when you board--what time you eat and your table number.

For breakfast and lunch its anywhere they seat you. (only one dining room is opened for lunch and breakfast on the ships that have two dining rooms

Archived