Early or late dinner -Jewel?

cefh

I am currently booked for late dinner on Jewel for their Baltic cruise in August, butI am beginning to wonder if we should go to early instead. Last year on Celebrity they didn't start the late dinner until past 9:00 most nights, which was a bit late for us. However I don't want to have to cut our days short in the ports just to get back for an early dinner. How early do they really serve it? I know that what RCI tells you is not always what actually happens?

Thanks!

We cruised the Baltic on Jewel of the Seas this past June. Main seating was at 6 but we didn't get there until 6:30 and it was never a problem. For the most part, the ship left the ports between 4 and 6 and you have to be on board 30 minutes before she leaves.The only port we missed the main seating was Copenhagen because she is in port until 7. We didn't want to rush back ,so we ate at Chops. Enjoy the cruise. The Jewel was a 'jewel'

Greetings all,

On a port intensive cruise we always select late seating. After a long, hard day of sightseeing, the last thing we want to do is get back to the ship and have to immediately start getting ready for dinner. Sitting on the balcony with a cold one watching the sail away is our idea of a great end to a great (but tiring) day in port.

Enjoy,

Al

Thank you for all your opinions. I think I will stick with late seating - your image of sitting on the balcony with a cold one, watching sailaway was the clincher! I'll just have to have a snack to keep me going until 9:00!:)

I am currently booked for late dinner on Jewel for their Baltic cruise in August, butI am beginning to wonder if we should go to early instead. Last year on Celebrity they didn't start the late dinner until past 9:00 most nights, which was a bit late for us. However I don't want to have to cut our days short in the ports just to get back for an early dinner. How early do they really serve it? I know that what RCI tells you is not always what actually happens?

When I've sailed on RCL, the meals generally began on time. We prefer the late seating for the reasons most people give: why rush back just so you can get dinner? I prefer to take things a bit more leisurely.

Which August sailing will you be on? We're leaving on Jewel on August 5th.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for all your opinions. I think I will stick with late seating - your image of sitting on the balcony with a cold one, watching sailaway was the clincher! I'll just have to have a snack to keep me going until 9:00!:)

Good choice. We were on this cruise and had the late seating. I never like to be in a rush to get back to the ship to be ready for dinner. Jewel, like all Radiance class ships, is a great ship to be on. Seaview cafe is another great alternative for sitting out and having a beer with your snack on a sunny afternoon.

Archived