Gym on NCL Sun

KKeeganS

Something I will likely never see the inside of :p, but my husband would like to know: are the treadmills reasonably new, does the gym have free weights and/or various weight machines? Also, does the Sun have fitness classes (yoga, etc.)? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Something I will likely never see the inside of :p, but my husband would like to know: are the treadmills reasonably new, does the gym have free weights and/or various weight machines? Also, does the Sun have fitness classes (yoga, etc.)? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

When we were on the Sun in Jan 2006:

Treadmills - yes reasonably new and in working order

Weight machines and free weights - yes

Classes - yes but SOME (like Yoga) cost extra

Overall we found the gym on the Sun to be quite adequate for our needs. It is a little small (but never crowded when we were there) and the views are great.

A related question, for anyone who's been on the Sun before and after the dry dock.

I found this image of the Sun's fitness centre on the NCL website:-

sun_ame_fitnesscenter_web.jpg

The layout is completely different from how I remember it always having been, as long as I've known the ship. It also looks rather bigger than the old fitness centre, and a considerable improvement on a facility that was already pretty good. But this image is also obviously a computer-generated impression.

Was something major done to this area during the dry dock?

Archived