Fashion pet peeves

Why do you women hate to see a guy in speedos. If women are allowed to show off their bodies, why can't men?

Showing off your (buffed) body is one thing. :)

Displaying detailed outlines of your genitals is another.:eek:

This style bathing suit is more popular in other countries than here.

I don't like them on brazilan men anymore than I do American men. Also, if you notice, these are what Olympic swimmers wear too. In terms of showing off, I've noticed the showing off factor more on some gay beaches in our area with men wearing those kinds of bathing suits. that's a context that makes sense to me.

It's kinda like putting a hot dog in a hamburger bun. Something just doesn't quite look right.

Why do you women hate to see a guy in speedos. If women are allowed to show off their bodies, why can't men?

Fat hairy guys in Speedos and Thongs!!

Young women with their thong showing out of the back of their shorts with a tag saying "pull for sex".

Woman of any age in beach wear and high heels, all they are missing is the pole.

They might be expensive, but I put Berkies in with the Crocs for being ugly (DW loves Crocs BTW), and since I'm an equal opportunity offender, don't those Ugg boots make your feet sweat? Do they sell odor eaters for those things?

If you live and work in a beach town, it's like a cruise ship, you'll see it all eventually, and quite a bit you wish you hadn't.

Summers I do wear comfortable sandals with no socks, and I do make sure my feet don't make me look like a Sasquatch.

That is hilarous. Like my Mom used to say " if it don't look good, don't put it out on your front porch."

:confused: My fashion pet peeve are couples who dress alike. Saw this a bit on one of our cruises, mostly on older couples but saw a young couple in their 20's doing this once. OMG what is this???? You know what I mean-matching colored golf shirts and pants?! Nothing like dressing as your spouse's fraternal twin to kill the romance in a relationship! All right already-we know you're a couple!!! Now cut it out!:eek:

OK, I haven't checked in here in a couple of days and I have to say, some of these posts are almost making me pee my pants (now wouldn't that be a fashion pet peeve "women who have obviously peed in their pants") :D

I do hope no one is offended and I have seen a couple of my own fashion faux pas described here (I love my Birkies) and, unfortunately, I could stand to lose this extra menopause weight that has found me in the last year or so :( .

I'll agree with the nasty feet, especially when you see a woman in full makeup, hair ratted up to there and inch long fake acrylic fingernails. Did she forget she had feet?

What drives me crazy are pieces that obviously do not go together. Like Ugg boots with shorts and a tank top, or a cocktail dress covered with a sweat jacket. Or clothes that don't make a bit of sense, we have a woman who picks up her son from school on cool days wearing long sweat pants (the gathered at the ankle 80's kind, with a long sleeved cropped sweatshirt, like her torso isn't going to get cold????

I love people and feel that I don't judge people (I happen to think the mom mentioned above is a great person) by their clothes, just the clothes themselves. If everyone dressed the same, life could be so boring. So, I'd like to thank people everywhere who have dressed differently than I might, it is a pleasure to see you and I hope you can get a bit of delight from some of my outfits as well :)

:confused: My fashion pet peeve are couples who dress alike. Saw this a bit on one of our cruises, mostly on older couples but saw a young couple in their 20's doing this once. OMG what is this???? You know what I mean-matching colored golf shirts and pants?! Nothing like dressing as your spouse's fraternal twin to kill the romance in a relationship! All right already-we know you're a couple!!! Now cut it out!:eek:

Ahhhh! I love this post :) . When you go to Hawaii, you not only see couples dressed alike, but whole families. And people think it's cute :eek: We attended a large family reunion a couple of years back, my greatest fear was that we would have matching T-shirts, all 80 of us.

My husband and I made a promise to each other on our honeymoon (in Hawaii) that we would never dress alike, or even try to match (coordinate or blend is far better) and I would never make him carry my "pocketbook". I'll stop using one, or he can hang it on my scooter or wheelchair if we are fortunate enough to still be on earth together if/when that time comes.

Haven't seen this one yet..and I do see it on occassion..

Wearing pantyhose with shorts! TACKY! Especially if you are wearing white shorts and trying to fake a tan!

Oh god! I have seen this and it is so horrible!! Also, pantyhose with open toed sandals! Especially on formal night I see this one come to life...yikes.

On our last cruise that was all I kept staring at as we were in line for dinner......I try not to be judgmental, but I just want to tell them all NO!:eek:

Haven't seen this one yet..and I do see it on occassion..

Wearing pantyhose with shorts! TACKY! Especially if you are wearing white shorts and trying to fake a tan!

LOL....we live in AZ, and see this all the time. That and orange legs with streaks down the back. :eek:

A couple did this at dinner on our Jewel cruise. Very nice H&W itheir late 40s perhaps, showed up in matching Hawaiian shirts. The table just fell silent for a loooooong painful moment. Eventually they acknowledged their twin garb and I think they were just being silly, but it was pretty funny how we all grabbed our beverages or stuffed a roll in our mouths so we wouldn't say anything.

When DH & I were first married, I bought a great winter coat (we lived on the East Coast) at Eddie Bauer. His parents came to visit, loved the coat and bought him one in the same color. That was the first and loudest of the very few conflicts I have had with MIL. I DON'T DO THE TWIN THING!!!!!!! To this day we have the coats (they don't get much use since we now live in LA) and I will not wear mine when he has his on.

I hear ya'......though personally that wouldn't be on my "fashion pet peeve" list. It's on my nerd list. :D

I think that couples that dress alike look silly, but that doesn't mean that seperately each one of them looks bad or inappropriate.

I don't know if it kills romance between the two participants - hey, maybe it's a turn-on for them. LOL! But to viewing eyes, it sure isn't a sexy look, especially for the woman who are generally donning masculine clothes including what we call in NYC "sensible lesbian footwear". LOL!!!

Also on my nerd list is women who wear themed sweaters! :eek:

On my last Constellation cruise I saw a young lady (20's) wearing a lovely white lace cocktail dress with plain black leather pumps.

OY! She probably thought that black leather shoes go w/ everything! NOT!

That's right in tune with Happy K's pet peeve about people who wear things at the same time that simply don't go together.

Hi Jane,:) themed sweaters? Well I guess I have been

in the nerd category then:eek:

I like some sweaters that are seasonal......or nautical.....

depends on the pattern. Not "In your face" but I have worn

varied themed items.

Hi Jane,:) themed sweaters? Well I guess I have been

in the nerd category then:eek:

I like some sweaters that are seasonal......or nautical.....

depends on the pattern. Not "In your face" but I have worn

varied themed items.

Hi Lois, :)

I'm not talking about a mere anchor or a star, but the Xmas trees, Easter bunnies, Jack-o-Lanterns or big ol' pumpkins across someone's torso are a bit much. Those are definitely "in your face". LOL!

A woman of 40, trying to look 30, dressing like she's 20!!

And on another note....yeah, those holiday sweaters/ shirts (fall, Xmas, Halloween) drive me nuts!

However, I do have a french terry shirt (got as a gift) that's solid black and has some candy canes in the upper left corner. I love it for home holiday wear with a pair of black pants. It's about 12 years old and I can't part with it!! Since I only wear it once or twice a year, it still looks great... real comfy!!

Archived