Golden Princess Balconies - Please help!

Talley56

We are looking for a covered balcony where we will not be exposed to other passengers. Can anyone recomend a room or deck? Or at least any rooms/decks to avoid?

Thanks in advance for your help.

On the Golden the covered balconies will be on Aloha and Baja. We prefer the aft area (BC cabins on Aloha and BD on Baja). These cabins put you in good proximity to the Horizon Court and aft swimming pool, which will be 1 - 2 decks above. The mini-suites on Emerald will also be covered.

mollyanne:)

although the baja and aloha decks are not exposed to the decks above, they are only only half the size of those on the caribe deck.

yes, on the caribe deck, they are half exposed, half covered, but the - balcony is twice the size - i could not believe actually how small the balconies were on the baja/aloha decks - but all is to preference. i much more would enjoy the larger balcony, and if u dont want to be totally exposed from the decks above then stand back a little.

remember though, that if u are on the baja or aloha decks, people on the caribe deck or dolphin deck only have to look up and see the balconies on the baja/aloha....

if u want total privacy - then do an aft facing cabin ....

u will love the ship - going on here in 48days....

although the baja and aloha decks are not exposed to the decks above, they are only only half the size of those on the caribe deck.

Agreed! We have only had this size in the past and it was fine for two people. We will be on Caribe for the first time on the CB this weekend so will no doubt come away spoiled!

mollyanne:)

We very much appreciate the input. With your help we have made our selection. Have two rooms on hold, and will be finalizing the details in the AM. I dont know about you folks, but it is always such a relief when the plans take shape. Thanks again.

What is the big deal about a completely covered balcony? I like the uncovered because they are sunny. I don't worry that others can see me. All I am doing is sitting in the sun or under the stars.

Help me understand what I am missing.

Thanks.

One thing to keep in mind is that the balconies, while covered, really aren't private on the Grand-class ships. They are open with dividers so that anyone next door can see in without making an effort. In addition, there are two staff on the bridge with binoculars examining the balconies 24/7.

As for wanting a covered balcony, not everyone wants or likes the sun. You're assuming that most cruises are Caribbean cruises where everyone likes to hang out in the sun or at the beach. Not so. Most Princess itineraries are not in the Caribbean and there are many itineraries where you are likely to have rain so that a covered balcony gives you at least some covering if it is wet.

No disrespect taken. We noticed on a recent Princess sailing that some of the balconies we uncovered and in full view of a public deck just above it. That was our primary concern. It sounds like the balconies on Carib deck of Golden Princess have the best of both worlds. Shade, and open air. I think that will suite us just fine. As for what you are missing... I will just let you have to use your imagination.

Archived