Seating question for dining room

AUTUMN SUN

On my familys first cruise last year on the Miracle we all sat together in a booth. There were 4 of us and it was just like a restaurant at home. Cruising on the Ecstasy this month, is there a chance we could be seated at a large table with other familys ? How do they determine seating arrangements? Thanks!:)

I always request a large table from my TA (or PVP if you use one) well ahead of the cruise. Granted, it's only a request, but if you get a larger table, you will most likely be seated with another family. In my experience, they try to seat singles with singles, families with families, couples of about the same age with other couples.

I agree w/Deb. You need to let your booking agent know that he/she should put in a request -now- for a large table. If you check out your table when first boarding, and it isn't what you want, see the Maitre d' at the appointed time to request a change. Good luck. I like large tables, too - particularly rounds of 8. The more folks at a table, the better the conversation.:)

Yup--first cruise my cabinmate and I got seated at a table of 10--5 separate groups of 2, and loved it. Second cruise, seated with Red Hat table (not that I have anything against them) and requested to move after first dinner. Moved to another large table of 10, but it was weird being the "newcomers" to an "established" table. Follow these other folks advice--as soon as you can, find out your table and if need be, make a change before the first dinner--that way no one will ever know if you were originally assigned to that table or not.

PS When you ask the maitre d' about your table initially, they have a profile of the other folks at the table--ages, gender, marital status, etc. and will tell you what to expect. If it doesn't sound like a match, make another choice.

Yup--first cruise my cabinmate and I got seated at a table of 10--5 separate groups of 2, and loved it. Second cruise, seated with Red Hat table (not that I have anything against them) and requested to move after first dinner. Moved to another large table of 10, but it was weird being the "newcomers" to an "established" table. Follow these other folks advice--as soon as you can, find out your table and if need be, make a change before the first dinner--that way no one will ever know if you were originally assigned to that table or not.

PS When you ask the maitre d' about your table initially, they have a profile of the other folks at the table--ages, gender, marital status, etc. and will tell you what to expect. If it doesn't sound like a match, make another choice.

Thanks!! Great info!!!:)

Archived