Help! Skagway Train Alternative

sarvis

I tried to make a reservation for the WPYR with Chilkoot Charters today. I want to do the 7.5 hour trip, so my daughter could see the puppies (o.k. me too)! Unforntantely, there is no availability the day we are in Skagway. RCI offers a very similar trip, so I will probably book with them. I was wondering if there are any other tour companies that offer a similar trip that includes visiting the puppies?

Thank you,

sarvis

You might want to consider booking a car rental now with Avis. Then you can cancel if a tour comes up for you. It's an easy 150 mile round trip on one road- Klondike Highway. http://www.explorenorth.com has an excellent road guide for you to print out and take with you- under the South Klondike Highway. Then you can spend all the time you want at Caribou Crossing. http://www.cariboucrossing.ca/

Mike and Budget Queen thank you for your suggestions. I have a car reserved with Avis, but my husband wants to ride the train and my daughter wants to see puppies. Such problems! I'm thinking the car sounds good.

sarvis

Mike and Budget Queen thank you for your suggestions. I have a car reserved with Avis, but my husband wants to ride the train and my daughter wants to see puppies. Such problems! I'm thinking the car sounds good.

sarvis

Your husband can take the train one-way to Fraser and you and your daughter can pick him up there and continue on to Caribou Crossing. That gives you and your daughter another hour and half in Skagway, too, as the train goes much slower than highway traffic.

Murray

Your husband can take the train one-way to Fraser and you and your daughter can pick him up there and continue on to Caribou Crossing. That gives you and your daughter another hour and half in Skagway, too, as the train goes much slower than highway traffic.

Murray

Wonderful suggestion, Murray!

Murray

What a problem solver! That is a great idea

Archived