Adventure Ocean Tipping Or Presents?

HAGO

Has anyone ever tipped or bought a present for the staff at Adventure Ocean.

We are taking the kids for the first time in 2 weeks and everyone tells us how hard the staff work. I thought it would be nice to say thank you.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

HAGO

we learned that the staff of Adventure Ocean are all collectors. They love pictures of US Presidents....cash.

No matter how heart tugging the gift might be, they kids look for cold hard cash and they earn every penny of it!

Money is why they are there working and many send it home to their families. They are away from their loved ones for months working on the ship because they can not make the money where they live. I say cash is the answer.

I believe those employees are paid a full wage (unlike your waiters and room attendant), so tipping is neither needed or recommended.

It is nice to say thank you tho. Lots of people have said they work VERY hard and it is always nice to show appreciation.

For those who have reccomended cash do you have an ammount in mind?

I believe those employees are paid a full wage (unlike your waiters and room attendant), so tipping is neither needed or recommended.

C B at sea,

I dont agree with you after cruising as many as 14 times and speaking with our staff, (just on NCL Jewel and found many women from Romania )many can not get jobs at home which pay as much as the ship, many leave their families for months and they and work very hard. They may get what you claim is a full wage, but probably working harder than most for it, getting hardly any time off. So, I still say cash.

The question is this...

The staff in AO rotate on a shiftly basis, meaning, if worker A is an age group 9-11 for the AM, may be off in the afternnon and then with a different age group for the night. So do you leave a tip for every counselor in AO? 7 day cruise, you have no idea how many counselors have been through your child's age group, then there is the late night party thing, which is abova and beyond the normal AO duties. So how do you tip the staff appropriately?

You don't. They are salaried. Of course if a special counselor does wodnerful special things for your child you can tip that person.But to start tipping each one for a job they are paid for is unnecessary, IMO. I go to work and do very well, no one tips me!

You don't need to tip them but we always do. We talked to several of the staff members about this in the past and they said they normally pool the money together and then split it among the entire group that handles the specific age group.

They do get paid more than most of the employees but our daughter spends so much time with them and totally enjoys herself that I find it a good way to thank them for a job well done.

You don't need to tip them but we always do. We talked to several of the staff members about this in the past and they said they normally pool the money together and then split it among the entire group that handles the specific age group.

They do get paid more than most of the employees but our daughter spends so much time with them and totally enjoys herself that I find it a good way to thank them for a job well done.

Do you have any recommendations on the amount per child for a 7 night cruise?

TIA

Do you have any recommendations on the amount per child for a 7 night cruise?

TIA

$0.00? There are enough people with their hands out that you don't need to look for more people to tip. I did not tip the Ocean Adventure staff. I did not tip the captain, dancers, singers, or pursers. I did not tip Marilyn McCoo or Al Martino. You have to draw a line somewhere.

Archived