To upgrade or not???

I received over a $1000 credit toward our balcony cabin on AOS next month (8 Apr 07). I noticed on the RCI site today that the JS are available for $1399 per person. Should I use my credit and upgrade to JS? What would you do?

I forgot to mention that available cabins are on the hump near the elevators and there's one toward the back of the ship. Would it be too noisey near the elevators?

I'd definitely go for it - we love the JS! Walk-in closet, bathtub, more space - oh, and 2 cruise credits, too! We like the area near the elevators - never heard a sound as the cabins are actually separated by a hallway.

I received over a $1000 credit toward our balcony cabin on AOS next month (8 Apr 07). I noticed on the RCI site today that the JS are available for $1399 per person. Should I use my credit and upgrade to JS? What would you do?

YES !!! but its really up to you. You could use that money and book some extra excursions or shop a little more...etc. The other poster said you get two credits for a JS and this is true, so you could get to your next level sooner. We were on the Adventure in December and we had a JS and the extra room is great. Some people dont spend much time on the balcony so it may not be worth it. We spend a bunch of time out there so we always get a balcony. The elevator area's arent too bad, so Ive heard from our friends and family who like that area too. We are AFTer's so we have no issues with elevators...lol I am 50/50 on your question. Like I said...the xtra $$ could make for an extra fun trip or the JS is very nice too. If it were me, Id do it.... Maybe I confused you more....sorry:rolleyes:

I would go for it - I really enjoy the junior suites on a cruise. That extra room you get; not to mention a larger bathroom, really makes a difference. Don't forget as well that in a junior suite you will receive 2 cruise credits vs. just one in a cabin. It'll get you one step closer to diamond.

Thanks all. I bit the bullet and upgraded to a JS. I wasn't sure whether to book the hump room because it was close to an elevator and I thought it would be too noisey for me. I'm a light sleeper, lol. So we went with toward the AFT area. I actually thought for the same price as our balcony room we got the JS. Actually it was maybe $100-200 cheaper after everything. Probably wouldn't book an JS otherwise because of the price. This just seemed like a good deal. I appreciate everyone's comments, always nice to get feedback when you're not sure what to do. Won't tell my daughter until we get on the ship, she'll be so surprised! :p

from all the research i just did on AOS.

The elevator areas near the humps are on the other side of a wall.

There is a small hallway that separates the cabin and elevator.

Personally Id have taken the hump. Less walking and better view

Anne: If you can, change your cabin to a hump, especially if it is mid hump you can see front & back of ship...There is no noise at all from the elevators and it is so convenient to everything...We had these cabins on our first Mariner cruise and loved them...Have fun...Later, Jill:cool:

I thinkg you made a good decision to take the JS. I miss my bathtub when I am on a cruise. My question is who did you luck out and get a $1000 credit. I have been on 20 RC cruises and never got more than $300. Lucky lady.

HI Jilly, the hump cabins are also near the centrium also. We were near the Centruim on the Radiance and it was so loud every night with the music. Not sure I want to be near the noise. Plus I have to wonder why are these excellent cabins still available if they are in high demand. So needless to say I'm a bit apprehensive about switching to the hump cabin?

Apoggi, I found out about the price reduction on our M&M. Sure enough I called my TA who called RCI and they gave me a $1000 credit on our balcony cabin. You just have to go online occassionally to check it out, you may just get lucky!

Annefran,

I'm new to cruise critics so can you tell me what M&M is and is it on this web site.

Sorry Apoggi! Meet and Mingle (M&M), that's the party on your ship that Royal Caribbean sponsors. Have you hooked up with the people that are sailing on your next cruise yet? Here's the link to find them. Hope this helps, happy cruising!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/meetandmingle.cfm

I'm SO glad that I upgraded to a JS for our cruise. I initially had booked a balcony room last year and then the price went down a month ago, received a $1200 credit toward out room. I noticed the other day that the JS' price went down also. I decided to upgrade and I still saved almost $200 by doing so. I just checked the RCI site and the JS' price went up by $400!!! I just booked it 2 days ago, I REALLY lucked out :D . I cannot wait to get onboard now and experience the JS!!! Less than 30 days!!! Thanks for all your input, have a great weekend.

I'd take the money and book another cruise. :D

As MissChievous says take the $$ and stay on the ship after it docks. If you still have the money you could give it to them and they would put you in any empty room available. I think I'll post this idea on the other thread concerning this ;) MissChievous you are welcome on any cruise I go on, you'd make it a little more interesting. :D

I'm SO glad that I upgraded to a JS for our cruise. I initially had booked a balcony room last year and then the price went down a month ago, received a $1200 credit toward out room. I noticed the other day that the JS' price went down also. I decided to upgrade and I still saved almost $200 by doing so. I just checked the RCI site and the JS' price went up by $400!!! I just booked it 2 days ago, I REALLY lucked out :D . I cannot wait to get onboard now and experience the JS!!! Less than 30 days!!! Thanks for all your input, have a great weekend.

I think you made a great decision :D Just realize that you'll want a JS from now on ;)

Have fun planning!

###

Thanks Phoenix, I think I did too!!! I find myself taking 360 tour of the JS almost every day now online. Do ya think I'm too excited??? LOL I know I may end up spoiling my daughter & myself, that we will want a JS every cruise. Unfortunately, my bank account won't always allow it. :rolleyes: Happy Cruising!

We just returned from the Serenade of the Seas southern caribbean cruise (03/03/07). We were excited to be staying in a JS (1094) but had loads of early morning noise from the Windjammer restaurant directly above! (woken at 5.30am everyday and had to get earplugs from guest relations!) Anyone got suggestions for the best Junior Suites on Radiance class ships?

Other than that we had a fantastic time!

Archived