Ist time on HAL - Hydropool question

Marie-Claude

We just booked an Eastern Caribbean on the Zuiderdam for August 24-04.

It will be our first time on HAL, and we're looking forward to it.

I was browsing through this board and read something that lead me to believe that you could only go to the hydropool if you pay for a spa treatment. Can someone help me figure this one out??

Also, someone said they had purchase a weekly pass to the spa? What does that include and how much if that?

Thanks in advance for your help!

You can purchase a daily pass or a weekly pass. The spa will have an "open house" the afternoon that you board the ship. Someone from the spa will show you the hydrapool and explain the charges.

We booked the weekly pass on Oosterdam in March of this year. It was pure heaven. I'll check my notes from that cruise and see if I can find the pricing.

Ummm are you sure about that one? I'm due to be on the Zuiderdam at that time but in the Western Caribbean.

There is no August 24th sailing of the Zuiderdam. It is August 21st to the Western Caribbean. I think it was a typing error and she meant August 14th which is to the Eastern Caribbean.

Am I right Marie-Claude?

It was indeed a typo, I meant August 28 -2004.

I'm a bit disappointed to find out we have to pay to use the thalassotherapy pool -- on Celebrity, it was my favorite spot to hang out and relax...

We might have to consider getting the weekly pass.. as long as it's not outrageously expensive...

I pre-ordered the Hydropool/Thermal St. for 25.00 for the day. I want to go to the islands so we pre-booked a massage for hubby and this for me just for 1 day. If we like it we will just do it again. If you call ship services they will explain everything to you. They are so very nice and helpful when you call. I just went ahead and booked and they even faxed me a confirmation for everything I have ordered. I am a NCL cruiser but HAL is really impressive on how they handle things. Enjoy

Krazy Kruizers I know what you mean. I was on the NCL Norway for it's final (Yea Right) sailing and I wanted to soak for awhile. One hot tub had 6 adults the other 3 kids with a 4th dangling his feet into the water. I won't get into everything but Thank God I'm from NY (born and raised) and after I was done I received a smile from the crew member folding towels. Aahhhh the water felt great.

Marie-Claude just call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576. They will go over everything for you. I had a wonderful young lady and she went over what I had and could get. Like I mentioned it costs 25.00 and the only thing I could not pre-purchase was just a Facial. They have a facial/manicure combo but since I pay to have my nails done why would I pay twice. Enjoy I know I will.

Marie-Claude just call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576. They will go over everything for you. I had a wonderful young lady and she went over what I had and could get. Like I mentioned it costs 25.00 and the only thing I could not pre-purchase was just a Facial. They have a facial/manicure combo but since I pay to have my nails done why would I pay twice. Enjoy I know I will.

TT, is pre-booking cheaper than waiting until on the ship?

I called Ship services and they told me I could not pre-book spa services or get the weekly pass to the thermal suites/hydropool either. They have 3 spa packages you can pre-order or purchase as a 'gift'. She offered to buy a shipboard credit that I could then exchange on board for what I wanted from the spa (?!) - I didn't get what would be the point or advantage of doing that, neither did she...

Oh well... I'll have to wait til we're onboard!

But thanks for the tip!

Archived