Western Caribbean on Legend of the Seas

Can anyone recommend any do it yourself shore excursions in Belize, Costa maya or Cozumel. Especially in Belize it seems like everything is so far from where the ship docks.

I would not recommend going off on your own. We've been to Belize & surrounding countries a few times and it's not a good thing to do. Yes, the ruins, etc. are a far distance, with very bad roads. Lots of jungle growth, etc. Don't forget insect repellent, a hat, and water.

Cozumel is better if you really want to do it on your own. There are historical ruins there (San Gervasio, if I remember correctly) that is about a 1/2 hour taxi ride around the other side of the island. It had something to do with "fertility" and young women going there for ceremonies to become mothers...so watch out. Haha.:D:D:D

In Costa Maya, if you would love to see some ruins, David and Ivan have a wonderful excursion! They grew up right near the ruins and are sooooooo knowledgeable. After our wonderful excursion we had time to hang out on the beach at Majahual before returning to the ship. I have pictures of this excursion in my signature.

Belize has many wonderful excursions to go cave tubing or zip lining. You can check these out over in the Belize boards of the Ports of Call .

Can anyone recommend any do it yourself shore excursions in Belize, Costa maya or Cozumel. Especially in Belize it seems like everything is so far from where the ship docks.

You did not say when you were going, but we are leaving this Saturday and I will post a very detailed review when we get back. In Belize, we booked an excursion through Coral Breezes. We are doing a snorkel, beach break and manatee watch. In Costa Maya, we are using Ivan and David, as others have suggested. Depending on what you like to do, in Cozumel there is a great company for snorkel/scuba diving, EagleRay Divers. We are doing the dolphin encounter at Chankanaab Park with Dolphin Discovery. We have also been to Paradise Beach, which is nice.

I hear that Legend will tender, as they save the dock space for larger ships. And depending in the cruise traffic, you could be at either Internationla or Punta Langosta piers.

As I said, I will post a review when we get back. I am taking my laptop so I will probably write some each night while it is still fresh in my mind and post it all when we return. Hope this helps!!!

PS. DH and I do a podcast about RCI and cruising and will be doing a series of shows about our Legend cruise. You can find us at the link in the bottom of my signature.

You did not say when you were going, but we are leaving this Saturday and I will post a very detailed review when we get back. In Belize, we booked an excursion through Coral Breezes. We are doing a snorkel, beach break and manatee watch. In Costa Maya, we are using Ivan and David, as others have suggested. Depending on what you like to do, in Cozumel there is a great company for snorkel/scuba diving, EagleRay Divers. We are doing the dolphin encounter at Chankanaab Park with Dolphin Discovery. We have also been to Paradise Beach, which is nice.

I hear that Legend will tender, as they save the dock space for larger ships. And depending in the cruise traffic, you could be at either Internationla or Punta Langosta piers.

As I said, I will post a review when we get back. I am taking my laptop so I will probably write some each night while it is still fresh in my mind and post it all when we return. Hope this helps!!!

PS. DH and I do a podcast about RCI and cruising and will be doing a series of shows about our Legend cruise. You can find us at the link in the bottom of my signature.

Your plans sound absolute terrific. Unfortunately i probably will not see your review by the time we leave because we're going the following Saturday, St Patty's Day. Can you post a link to any of your on your own tours? I actually found the one to the Dolphin Discovery. Enjoy your cruise!

We were on this cruise last year, and highly recommend the cave tubing in Belize with Yhony. Again, if you go to the CC Belize boards I'm sure you will find many positive reviews. The tour we were on had people ranging in age from about 4 to a couple I would guess were in there early 70's. Very safe, very fun, and great service! (The price was very reasonable too - $45 pp).

You can see pictures at http://www.belizeweb.com/cave-tubing or e-mail him at yhony7547@yahoo.com

Your plans sound absolute terrific. Unfortunately i probably will not see your review by the time we leave because we're going the following Saturday, St Patty's Day. Can you post a link to any of your on your own tours? I actually found the one to the Dolphin Discovery. Enjoy your cruise!

I think someone in an earlier post had a link for Ivan and David. The company in belize is www.coralbreezetours.com. For the turtle farm in GC, we are just going on our own, but it is now at Boatswain Beach.

We will take good care of the Legend for you as we will be departing as you are arriving.

Have a good trip!!!

we were on the legend 1/27----2/3/07 we took ship sponsored tours...imho when you get to belize, you'll see an 8-10 foot iron wall surrounding the area..i guess it's to keep the natives out of the tourist area...be safe, don't travel on your own....take an organized tour...either by the ship or privately

We did the cave tubeing through X-stream cavetubeing. Booked a Costa Maya all day beach break at Pez Quadro in Majahaul. Both the Belize and Costa Maya excursions were booked through (3 w's dot)grandcaymanshoreexcursions dot com. There are links for where they do excursions in the different ports. We paid $30 pp for the open bar all day at the beach, added $30 pp for snorkeling, and added $10 pp for a Mexican lunch (lobster was $20, shrimp was $15). The taxi/van/bus ride was $3 each way pp. Last year we did the ruins with David and Ivan and it was great. At Georgetown we paid $20 pp to get a van tour of the popular spots. It leaves the tender area, he'll show you the oldest house in Georgetown, the govenors mansion, Hell, Tortuga Rum Cake factory/shop, and the Turtle Farm. The tour is supposed to end at 7 mile beach so you have to get a taxi back to the port (not far). We didn't want to go to 7 mile and the driver was nice enough to just take us back to the port.

Archived