How to check for price drops if code doesnt work

Illinoisgal

I just booked the Miracle this week for the June 4th sailing. I used Carnival.com and using the DP3 code I booked a 4a with free upgrade to a 5a. Now the website says that code is invalid ( must be at capacity for the code for that date) so now I cannot check for price drops. Do I have to call the 800 number to check for drops? That stinks any help or ideas?

I just booked the Miracle this week for the June 4th sailing. I used Carnival.com and using the DP3 code I booked a 4a with free upgrade to a 5a. Now the website says that code is invalid ( must be at capacity for the code for that date) so now I cannot check for price drops. Do I have to call the 800 number to check for drops? That stinks any help or ideas?

Sounds like there is either a new code for past guests or your cruise is no longer offering a past guest discount.

Carnival turns these "discounts" on and off for specific cruises.

Most of the codes that I check for my cruise now come up as invalid, which I guess means they are no longer available for my cruise. I translate that to mean the current price is what is now listed.

Id be jumping up and down if I could get a upgrade from 4A to 5a. I finally booked a more expensive rate a month later than I wanted to get a good 1A which has windows, but not thrilled with prices. I just put down a deposit this week, no discounts that I could find on the Conquest either.

Your cruise is getting to within that 90 day window, so if prices are going to drop, they will drop soon. Carnival just isnt offering any discounts, just upgrades the past week since Iv been watching. They just may not have any promotions with discounts at this time.

Im watching here and keeping tabs on things. Im sure if there was a price drop or sale it would be reported here. Im a-looking too :)

Keep posting and if you find a discount, let everyone know.

Since the DP3 is no longer valid... you likely cannot get a price reduction.

To receive a price reduction... everything about how you booked has to be the same... everything.

And you only compare the price of the Cat 4A to determine if the price is lower... not the 5A. You have only booked and payed for a 4A... even though they let you have a 5A cabin.

Now, if there was an equivelent DP3 code available, and the Cat 4A price dropped... they may be willing to move you to the new booking code so that you could get the price reduction... but I suspect they are not suppose to dothat becasue the newer codes are usually for new bookings only.

Out of curiosity, what is a DP3 code?

To receive a price reduction... everything about how you booked has to be the same... everything.

And you only compare the price of the Cat 4A to determine if the price is lower... not the 5A. You have only booked and payed for a 4A... even though they let you have a 5A cabin.

Now, if there was an equivelent DP3 code available, and the Cat 4A price dropped... they may be willing to move you to the new booking code so that you could get the price reduction... but I suspect they are not suppose to dothat becasue the newer codes are usually for new bookings only.

thanks, I have wondered how to compare if the price goes down. So if you booked a 4A and got a 5a, if the price goes down on a 4A you get the discount. I was thinking the price of the 5a had to go down below what you paid to get a discount. I was not sure how to check.

Im learning and filing away all I read here, in case it applies to my booking.

A past guest booking code that is apparently no longer valid.

Are there other codes "floating around" out there?

Incidentally, I checked another web site for prices on the cruise we booked through Carnival and found a cheaper price (about $30). I called Carnival and they matched the price. I wonder how often this happens. Will this continue until embarkation?

Archived