Caribbean Weather - past few weeks ?

Hey crusiers...

We are going on a cruise at the end on March - in a little over 2 weeks from now. We are going to the Southern Caribbean.. I have been watching the weather and it says scattered showers - 30% to 60% chance almost every day for the past few weeks. Per the averages this is supposed to be the least rainfall time of the year.

For those that have cruised in the past few weeks, how has the weather been ? For those you are frequent cruisers of the Caribbean, what can I expect ?

Thanks in advance.. first time Caribbean Cruiser !!

We were on southern caribbean cruise two weeks ago. Weather showed scattered showers each day but we never experienced any showers on any of the days we were in port. Only shower we had was a brief one on one of our days at sea. Even if you do get a shower, mostly likely it will be a short one!

Being in the Caribbean they always forecast showers, which can or not show each day. Its the heat and humidity that does it. Don't let it bother you, especially in the cooler months they aren't as previlant and usually short in duration.

Thanks I guess it is the weather mans job to say it can rain anyday there. I am glad you didnt experience it. It put my mind at ease ;)

thanks again !!

We have been on 26 cruises, majority in the caribbean east, west and deep southern, panama canal, only had rain in a couple of ports and that is over 15 years. I also live in SE Florida, where weather can be similar tto Caribbean. March should be a very good month to cruise, just enjoy!!;)

Archived